The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Let's get back to the point. Who do you play instead of him? Try to choose someone on the roaster.

Literally almost anybody. Macewan should stay in for sure. I’d give Gaudette more rope than Jake seeing as they’re the same age but Gaudette has played much less pro hockey. Hawrlyuk when healthy, Lind could get a shot, hell even Baer wouldn’t hurt to try. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

You are dreaming if you think Petey or Hughes are signing for less then 8 mil each.

Would you not have liked to see Toffoli here?

Depends on term.  Barzal just signed 3 yrs @7. EP will be similar to that.  I can't see Hughes getting more than EP.  We have enough coming off the books in Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi and Spooner to cover that increase.

17 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

That is always what it comes down too and look the trolls are mostly gone. They start this then run away like giggling school girls.

I'd put Jake on the 4th over Rousel.  Not sure what Rousel has done this year to be playing above Virtanen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Depends on term.  Barzal just signed 3 yrs @7. EP will be similar to that.  I can't see Hughes getting more than EP.  We have enough coming off the books in Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi and Spooner to cover that increase.

Hughes could hit a point per game this year. He might get a lot more then Petey .

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Literally almost anybody. Macewan should stay in for sure. I’d give Gaudette more rope than Jake seeing as they’re the same age but Gaudette has played much less pro hockey. Hawrlyuk when healthy, Lind could get a shot, hell even Baer wouldn’t hurt to try. 

Mac is already in. So, why are you adding him?

Gaudette  does not forecheck like Jake and does not play in the D zone. Gaudette also does not have the chemistry that Jake has with Mac and Sutter. Also, Jake hits and Mac hits coming down the wing. Gaudette does not.

But it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'd put Jake on the 4th over Rousel.  Not sure what Rousel has done this year to be playing above Virtanen.

I think that would ruin the 4th lines effectiveness. Roussel Beagle Motte have been a stellar 4th line. Leave them alone.

3rd line is the only spot for Gaudette or Jake without ruining chemistry and weakening the team

22 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I also find the post to be terrible. I have been to Winnipeg once and found the people very welcoming.

I mean give me a break we live in Canada. Not many desirable places to live in the winter if you hate winter.

Again I apologize. Certainly put the trash in trash talking. I have friends and family in Winnipeg and it is full of decent hockey loving Canadians. Bad joke. Go Nucks 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Gaudette  does not forecheck like Jake and does not play in the D zone. Gaudette also does not have the chemistry that Jake has with Mac and Sutter. Also, Jake hits and Mac hits coming down the wing. Gaudette does not.

But it is what it is.

Like I said, he should stay in. Reading comprehension. An undrafted free agent without half of Jake’s physical gifts has surpassed him on the depth chart. 

And, also like I said, Gaudette is newer to pro hockey and deserves a longer leash than Jake. I’m not even trying to defend Gaudette because I don’t think he’s anything special himself. 

If the other names I’ve mentioned can’t bring it either then sure, leave Jake in. 

Just now, FaninMex said:

I think that would ruin the 4th lines effectiveness. Roussel Beagle Motte have been a stellar 4th line. Leave them alone.

3rd line is the only spot for Gaudette or Jake without ruining chemistry and weakening the team

I agree, as a group they've been effective.  I feel Beagle and Motte have been outstanding this year so far, and Rousel OK at best.  If they flater at all, I'd like to see JV get a look there, he may be able to fit in well.

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

But it is what it is.

The Office Reaction GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Like I said, he should stay in. Reading comprehension. An undrafted free agent without half of Jake’s physical gifts has surpassed him on the depth chart. 

And, also like I said, Gaudette is newer to pro hockey and deserves a longer leash than Jake. I’m not even trying to defend Gaudette because I don’t think he’s anything special himself. 

If the other names I’ve mentioned can’t bring it either then sure, leave Jake in. 

I do not care about draft position. I care about what they give to the team. The NHL is not a training league. Gaudette in the line makes the team weaker.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BCNate said:

He's skated harder on the forecheck and made hits and showed emotion. 

What sucks is Jake can do all that in his sleep but doesn't... 

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks are 1-14-0 in their last 15 games against the Jets. The last time we won was on Dec. 20, 2016.

3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

need to solve our beating Winnipeg issues 

Gaudette for the energy over Jake.

Chatfield for the grit over Juolevi.

Everything at the net on Hellebuyck tonight....fingers crossed...gotta be a .500 road trip. 

• Vintage 2