The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Focus on the obvious.  10ish giveaways leading to breakaways?  Shorthanded goals against. Defense out of position.

At the end of the game Shorty exclaimed unbelievable when he saw another giveaway for a clear breakaway.

Ok. this is not normal. There is a disconnect when a pro team looks like this.

I think the issue is coaching.  I just can't remember a team that looks this good one night and this awful the next.  It is a team that doesn't know who they are.  Isn't it the coach's job to define that for them?

I always support the team and if I am wrong I will accept criticism, but I can't reconcile how this team looks right now. Something ain't right.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

Listen..that sound you hear are the fickle fans jumping off the bandwagon..wait a game or two they'll be climbing back on...til next loss

Have you not watched the games this year? Their defensive system is awful and is no where near a playoff defense. You can't be giving close to 40 shots a game and expect to win. I hate when people bring up people jumping off the bandwagon when they lose. People are concerned for their overall play this year. At times uninspired. The top line has been MIA, disinterested and being out scored by every other team. So don't come on here and say fans are jumping off the bandwagon. They are concerned with the overall play of the team in most of the games this year and have a right to complain. We have allowed a terrible amount of goals. Who is to blame for that?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Focus on the obvious.  10ish giveaways leading to breakaways?  Shorthanded goals against. Defense out of position.

At the end of the game Shorty exclaimed unbelievable when he saw another giveaway for a clear breakaway.

Ok. this is not normal. There is a disconnect when a pro team looks like this.

I think the issue is coaching.  I just can't remember a team that looks this good one night and this awful the next.  It is a team that doesn't know who they are.  Isn't it the coach's job to define that for them?

I always support the team and if I am wrong I will accept criticism, but I can't reconcile how this team looks right now. Something ain't right.

I agree. You don’t go from a clinical game like the one against Winnipeg which was as good as it gets, to the garbage on display tonight and think that everything is okay. 

18 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

He needs to grow a pair and fire Baumer like last year! If he doesn't than he deserves to be canned. 

I totally agree with this, except that these guys get into their comfort zone. Meaning, as much as they know something's wrong, they still cling on to familiarity. Somebody has to stretch their comfort zone and do the right thing.

Edited by BarnBurner

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Is it time to put in Little Things?  

:bigblush:

Against Montreal, it might be a good idea.

Seriously, we need to slow the game down and play patient game. Loui sure is great at that -- well, he's too patient but you get what I'm saying.

9 minutes ago, 1-d said:

For once Green sounds more true to himself than the usual lip service. There really was nobody on the team for Green to defend tonight.  

Tbh I wouldn't have minded at all if he threw some guys under the bus. There are several who deserve it.

He kinda did throw the Lotto line under the bus.