The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This is on Benning though. 7 years is a long time. There were so

many obvious moves he should have made and didn’t. His asset management has been horrible and when he said he wanted to address the defence, he brought in Schmidt and the Hamonic at the end. There weren’t any major changes to it. There is no defenseman who keeps the opposing team accountable. They are soft. How

much more time do you give Benning? I have no faith when he says we ran out of time when it was the money he spent that put the team in that position on the first place.

H chose wrong, rather have Tanev now.

Just now, drummerboy said:

Agreed, but when you over pay people like Rousell, Beagle, and Virtanen..... You can always do better for cheaper.  

But yeah.  The whole team sucks

I don't doubt that. We have almost 10M sitting right now(Eriksson/Baer/etc).

Team was crap defensively last year but had an elite G bail us out and steal games.

Organization might need a rehaul in team personnel. Begin with coaching then if JB has another L again can him as well.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Plus....if he's off at least he's shown what he's like when he's "on".  Need more of that.   Team needs to prop him up for a bit and let him work through it.  He's paid his dues.  I'd HATE to lose this guy...are you kidding me?   We're crying over TT....imagine having JT on the other side when's in beast mode.  No thanks.

Yeah. And if he's off now and still top 20ish in the league, come on. Obviously he's pissed at something. But he still makes things happen more than not. Too many people on this board are so damn critical. I'd take Miller over TT any day. 

7 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

You are telling me we couldn’t get the same production with a much cheaper group of bottom 6?   
I guarantee we could. 

No, I’m telling you that our 4th line and Sutter have been our best forwards so far, sadly. 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This is on Benning though. 7 years is a long time. There were so many obvious moves he should have made and didn’t. His asset management has been horrible and when he said he wanted to address the defence, he brought in Schmidt and the Hamonic at the end. There weren’t any major changes to it. There is no defenseman who keeps the opposing team accountable. They are soft. How much more time do you give Benning? I have no faith when he says we ran out of time when it was the money he spent that put the team in that position on the first place.

I actually like our teams make up. I'm not happy with the coaching though 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MNaslund?? said:

What chance does Benning actually have on being fired this year 

legit question 

Like I said , never thought I'd say this,  but whatever he did , or didn't do this off season has obviously destroyed the " culture " he spent cap space building.  A team going this far in the wrong direction......we need someone else to right the ship. Jim needs to go.

• Thanks 1