The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Miller went from being one of my favourite Canucks last year to my 2nd least favourite....Myers firmly holds his place as most hated, just a complete waste of a uniform.

It actually seems like Miller is a bit of a baby....he has the ability to turn it on and change the outcome of the game, but he is making really questionable turnovers and it's starting to become obvious he's unhappy.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Agreed, he put himself in a big hole with the Eriksson signing. The only other bad one IMO was Roussel who isn't worth his money but at the time, is exactly what the team needed - a gritty Burrows-like player (who has unfortunately really regressed). The "cap hell" he's put us in is really just the Eriksson 6M hole plus I would say Roussel's money which isn't worth it. Look around the league, he's not the only one by a long-shot who has wasted money lying around.

What I see now is that he's thinking long term, he has to sign Hughes and Pettersson as well in the upcoming off-season so we physically couldn't have signed Marky, Tanev and Toffoli realistically, and kept Boeser, Horvat, Myers and then dish out massive contracts to Petey and Hughes. They simply don't fit unless you want 800-900K AHL players playing in our bottom-6 and bottom-3 defence like Toronto.

I know it's hard to see and everyone on CDC is going mad because in the short-term, this off-season looked appalling but it was the right thing to do in the long-run and unfortunately no one will see that. Wait until this coming off-season where Benning will really shine - sign our stars to smart contracts, move some dead-weights and most importantly look to pry away an excess skilled player a team is scared to lose for nothing to Seattle. This past off-season was never going to be pretty.

I agree with this for the most part. Where I see some blame is the lack of forward thinking years prior. He is looking long term because he is forced to, what choice does he have? 5 years ago the group of ole boys drinking coffee at your local A&W could see this happening today. He got lucky with Ferland. He should have been thinking long term years ago. He spend money and assets on our purgatory. I’m sorry, this is inexcusable.