The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

This is such a bad fan take.  

First, players don't care where they are in the line up-THEY WANT TO WIN.  Guaranteed given the rut their in I doubt any player on the roster cares what line they are on if it results in a win. 

Second, TG probably feels more comfortable with LE in a match up role, which frees up Hoglander on the third line to get (a) better match ups (b) spark some secondary scoring.  

Yeah, SMH :picard:.  This is @canuck2288 level of bad

This take is actually hilarious. Seriously. You telling us that players don't have pride? That's what drives them.

If the "team's" on the same page, yeah, all that matters is winning, to some degree.

But they all have huge egos, fragile egos. They want to be in the best position to make themselves look good, and to help the team win, while again, making themselves look good. And at the same time, they are constantly afraid of making themselves look bad. If you think that everyone is completely for the team, you're greatly mistaken. Ideally, they should be, but there's so many different mindsets happening at once. So much politics going on within the room, the team in general, including the coaches, management, owners. 

It's pretty much like anything in life. 

So you keep on shaking your head, but the fact is, there's more going on than meets the eye.

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I'm sure he is, but he's also part of problem imo as well, he isn't a fan of experienced GMs because then he has no say and he doesn't like that.

Everyone involves share some responsibility for the product.  Aquaman is the only one that can take the necessary action and if I was him, I would be at that point.

16 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Last year was a big step even if it was a dogfight to the traditional playoffs when the season ended. I don’t think that should be ignored because of this start of this season 

Dogfight... They were given a gimme chance to get into the playoffs after losing a playoff spot earlier in the season once Markstrom got hurt.

And on top of it over the last 2 years so many games were played where you literally could say we shouldn't of won that game if it wasn't for Markstrom bailing this team out, they're just not as good as you think they are sorry.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Junior B

So basically my coaches were slightly above Green’s level 

quick, get yur junior b coach on the phone... we got a job for him

btw who was yur junior b GM.. gotta job for him too

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Two of those are near-minimum contracts. Somebody’s got to sit in the press box. Should they have run with an active roster of 20 just to fit Toffoli in?

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

Yeah, he’s definitely tanking his career and putting the kibosh on any future coaching opportunities just because he wants to “stick it” to his boss. 

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Junior B

So basically my coaches were slightly above Green’s level 

You did not play at a high level. You played at a level where a bunch of teenagers are seeing their underwhelming careers come to a very abrupt end. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

As i thought 

nobody that has played the game would make a statement “players don’t care where they play in the lineup”

not how it works pal, sorry 

I just said from experience.  Not everyone that plays hockey is as self centered as you are.  

Guess what Einstein, it's a team sport

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

1 hour ago, apollo said:

This has to be my fav lunar jersey... the colours flow incredibly well and the logos are stellar... all 3. That V Ox looks pretty cute and funny looking absolutely love it.  Love the colour of the orca too... way better than the orca they threw on the old lunars - it looked out of place when it was white and blue or whatever it was , didn't match any of the jersey imo.

Do they only auction off the warmup ones of these? Or do they actually sell them retail as well that aren't over the $1000+ warmup ones?

Nah that’s the new Calgary Canucks jerseys they made to make marky,leivo Tanev etc feel at home 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Dogfight... They were given a gimme chance to get into the playoffs after losing a playoff spot earlier in the season once Markstrom got hurt.

And on top of it over the last 2 years so many games were played where you literally could say we shouldn't of won that game if it wasn't for Markstrom bailing this team out, they're just not as good as you think they are sorry.

Yup Markstrom stole games for us for sure. Still tied for a playoff spot when the season ended. Maybe we wouldn’t have made it but it was a step forward. We also had Markstrom the seasons before. I’m not going to argue if greens a good coach or not but strides were made 

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

So tavares and simmonds have their way with Quinn

Green responds to the Leafs with a very strong message ......

Loui into the lineup

Leafs may sit Tavares and Simmonds out to protect them 

We don't bang and crash on this team and aggressive play is forbidden.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am just getting tired of this team losing ,and now, we have a great group of players and they are playing like this? 

From what he has done to Jake's game, to playing LE, to sitting OJ, to demoting Hogs it is just going down hill fast. 

Hughes needs to be played less, and vets need to settle things down but thats not in Greens plans.

We will be the 1 dimensional team we have always been and its sad because we have the potential to be so much more.

I'm definitely tired of them losing and being bad for this long, the toll is adding up, changes needed to be made, it's just not working, but there are some potentials, but also no room for being stronger which hurts.