The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 8, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | TVAS, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

22 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

^weird comment.  Toronto is a lovely place.

Anyways, we'll probably lose like 6-3 or 7-2.  As I have said all along, this team is finished.  "Marquee signing" Jayce Hawrlyuk has yet to sniff the ice, meanwhile, 700k signings everywhere else are making the difference.  Makes you wonder...

Ummm, he's hurt.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

^weird comment.  Toronto is a lovely place.

Anyways, we'll probably lose like 6-3 or 7-2.  As I have said all along, this team is finished.  "Marquee signing" Jayce Hawrlyuk has yet to sniff the ice, meanwhile, 700k signings everywhere else are making the difference.  Makes you wonder...

I know right??? How could JB be so stupid to not know he would get hurt by a teammate in practice....

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Even worse.. we signed a hospital patient..

It happened in one of the first practices. It's a shame, he brings what it looks like we're missing, more hustle and effort ... and hopefully no bull$&!# high risk turnovers.

Miller, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

image.jpeg.fce61b3f2adeb1b04ed4a4ee85bc70ef.jpeg

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Well except that it is sports.  The team won't lose every game going forward.

They are 6 and 9 with 41 games left to play.  They will win somewhere between 12 and 24 of those remaining games - meaning they wind up the season with somewhere between 18 and 30 wins.  If it is 18 they will be near the bottom of the division.  If it is 30 they will be in a playoff spot.

So don't forget that things turn in a season. Even when they look dire.  If you remind yourself of this perspective it makes the watching a little easier to take when they lay an egg lol.

56 game season man. Quarter of it already gone. Clocks a ticking 

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

56 game season man. Quarter of it already gone. Clocks a ticking 

Take a look at the standings, it's still super close despite the suckdom. He's right it's completely possible to put some wins together and be in a playoff spot. But yeah you're right, it's ticking every day.

11 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

what a sad bunch of players they are....they are about to swepted by the leafs....that is a definite given their current state...this season is toast for them....unless something miraculous happens all of JBs mistakes are being higlighted now...as well as the short cummings of TG and staff. ....as a Canucks fan....I'm just sad.....and hoping for something to cheer about....

Truly. They have talent and skill to spare, but they’re seemingly just a bunch of lazy, overpaid vets mixed in with entitled lazy young core players. No one wants to work hard on this team. No one wants to sacrifice their body to make a play or defend a teammate outside of Jordie Benn. This team deserves to fail and deal with the fallout from being a bunch of individuals instead of a real team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

3 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Another humiliating loss upcoming

Tank for Luke Hughes

Fire Benning for the sake of the franchise

Personally, the way things are going, I’d shoot higher than Luke Hughes. Probably 3 defensemen I’d take before him. The brother thing isn’t worth over reaching for. 

On the bright side in what is shaping up as a dumpster fire season, Podz is beastin’ in the KHL. 

• Cheers 2

57 minutes ago, Violator said:

Toronto 12 Vancouver Nada 

I'm feeling like this year is gonna be one of those years were we need to decide if rooting for one individual player is better to root for versus the whole team.

Laffs aren't that good to shut us out.  And it's not like scoring goals has been a huge issue for us.  It's preventing the other team from scoring that is the problem.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, the harry said:

Stecher with 2 assists and +2.

Oh wait, we let him walk for nothing...

Yikes!

Stecher had some of the best underlying stats of any defensemen on the team. Plus he's a local kid. Why was he let go?