The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

Wanna hold your breath on that one?

aaaaaaaand Go.

No. They're not going to out him on waivers and no one is going to claim him even if they did.

No point holding my breath. There's nothing to wait for..

8 hours ago, VforVirtanen said:

Prepare yourselves for the resurgence of Virtanen. Took a step back this year. I think he still has the capacity to surprise us.

Hopefully not on Seattle. Virtanen's almost certainly going to get exposed.

• Haha 1

My honest opinion is that Virtanen will have a better year next year regardless of which team he is on. Much of the disappointment lies in a combination of a genuinely bad year and heightened expectations based on his draft position. I will point out he was far from alone in having a bad year this year,  but is strangely singled out among the many disappointing performances.

I think he can be an occasionally streaky and entertaining 3rd liner on a good team, and that's good enough for me. That opinion hasn't really changed even though he has been bad this year.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

My honest opinion is that Virtanen will have a better year next year regardless of which team he is on. Much of the disappointment lies in a combination of a genuinely bad year and heightened expectations based on his draft position. I will point out he was far from alone in having a bad year this year,  but is strangely singled out among the many disappointing performances.

I think he can be an occasionally streaky and entertaining 3rd liner on a good team, and that's good enough for me. That opinion hasn't really changed even though he has been bad this year.

Virtanen is break out next year.

If he grows up.

Edited by Me_

27 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Go Shotgun! Who was more snakebit around the net than Jake, Gauds and Peter? What impact will Podz have playing on a line  with Jake? Jake-Sutter-Podz. A shutdown line with break away speed.