The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

13 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Just heard Don and Moj on 1040 mention there are reports from Boston that a trade may be in the works of JV for a Jake Debrusk

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Especially if we get 27 goal Jake. DeBrusk is $3.675 per season. 

Who gets added? Gaudette? :( Would they take Rooster as an add, and a 2nd rounder? 

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Actual reports or just speculation like this?

Debrusk is a bit more of a valuable player but at a higher cap hit . The way Debrusk's contract is set up has him set up to maximize the qualifying offer limit on his next deal. 120% of his AAV which would be 4.441M cap hit on his qualifying offer. Meanwhile Virtanen gets next qualifying offer is only 3.06M.

Debrusk probably has a higher ceiling but I reckon Jake has a higher floor.

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Not a big fan of Jake DeBrusk.

Its also not a great time to be trading Virtanen?  But I suppose there never may be a good time...

I think it’s a now or never type situation. Jake isn’t getting any younger or better. He is what he is. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Jake needs a change of scenery. Too many distractions playing in his hometown. 

Yes, but I'm more interested in VAN's needs. I think it would be a mistake to trade Virtanen just to shake things up. Jake isn't the problem with this team.

Debrusk might be a good player to come back, but he's injured, and only has 1 assist this year in 6 games. He'd also have to quarantine for 2 weeks. 

• Vintage 1