The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Predators interested in Adam Gaudette

13 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hasn't scored more than 15 goals in a season for his entire career with the Preds while playing consistent top 6 offensive minutes.

No goals and 4 assists this season so far.

Also carries an $8m cap hit for 4 more seasons.

He's bordering on an anchor contract right now.

Why would we take him? don't we have cap issues ourselves? 

Not like the Preds would take Ericksson...

16 hours ago, coryberg said:

Johansen's contract is a 9 out of 10 on the God awful scale. Loui's is down to a 6 these days seeing as most is paid out and it's almost done.

So Benning not the only GM who makes mistakes. Good to know. 

With that being said, his time is still up as GM of this franchise. 

Well, I'm thinking this topic (along with the Virtanen and Bennett threads) should be moved to the "Proposals and Armchair GM'ing" section for lack of relevance beyond the "rumour" aspect of this Discussion section.  :)

regards,  G.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Well, I'm thinking this topic (along with the Virtanen and Bennett threads) should be moved to the "Proposals and Armchair GM'ing" section for lack of relevance beyond the "rumour" aspect of this Discussion section.  :)

regards,  G.

The rumour aspect of it is exactly why both this thread and the Virtanen thread are in the Trades, Rumours, Signings subforum. I’m curious why we would we look beyond that? It’s kind of in the name. ;)

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The rumour aspect of it is exactly why both this thread and the Virtanen thread are in the Trades, Rumours, Signings subforum. I’m curious why we would we look beyond that? It’s kind of in the name. ;)

Nah, the rumour aspect of this is long since gone. It has devolved into Armchair GM'ing, where I believe it would be more appropriate.

regards,  G.

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Nah, the rumour aspect of this is long since gone. It has devolved into Armchair GM'ing, where I believe it would be more appropriate.

regards,  G.

I respect your opinion but if we moved threads every time the discussion changed around here nobody would find anything. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I respect your opinion but if we moved threads every time the discussion changed around here nobody would find anything. 

Sometimes that might not be a bad thing...  :P

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

Id be interested in Johansen ONLY if NSH helps us out in the short term money wise. 

this strictly a money saving trade for nashville, not much value going either way

to van: Johansen, jarnkrok

to nsh: eriksson, roussel, virtanen, gaudette

miller-pettersson-boeser

jarnkrok-horvat-johansen

hoglander-xxxxx-podkolzin

motte-beagle-macewan

FINALLY! our bottom 6 isnt a blockhole of dead money and being outscored 10-1 

11 minutes ago, billabong said:

Id be interested in Johansen ONLY if NSH helps us out in the short term money wise. 

this strictly a money saving trade for nashville, not much value going either way

to van: Johansen, jarnkrok

to nsh: eriksson, roussel, virtanen, gaudette

miller-pettersson-boeser

jarnkrok-horvat-johansen

hoglander-xxxxx-podkolzin

motte-beagle-macewan

FINALLY! our bottom 6 isnt a blockhole of dead money and being outscored 10-1 

Brilliant idea! 

I really like having 2 rookies on the 3rd line with no true centre's to play there, excellent checking line too! 

Nils and Podkolzin are the 2 toughest. Most feared canucks checkers and PKers, tied for #1 in FO% too!

:sadno:

31 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Brilliant idea! 

I really like having 2 rookies on the 3rd line with no true centre's to play there, excellent checking line too! 

Nils and Podkolzin are the 2 toughest. Most feared canucks checkers and PKers, tied for #1 in FO% too!

don't get too hung up on line combinations.

This team needs scoring depth and insulating these rookies is key for their development. 

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I don't get why we would trade Gaudette. He has upside and can maybe play center yet. Keep him. 

I don’t think he is a cap dump... but he doesn’t seem to be a great fit with the makeup of the team as it stands.  

He has really been sheltered, playing 4th line minutes... and still getting exposed defensively a lot.  The more he gets sheltered, the more Horvat has to take up the slack. 

Ot doesn’t hurt to keep him as a 13th forward for the time being, but not a big enough loss to worry about if we can use him as a sweetener to dump some cap or get a more useful asset back.

55 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Brilliant idea! 

That’s a bit of an overreaction. Hoglander and Podkolzin are relentless forecheckers. Having 2 young guys on the same line isn’t ideal but I don’t think it deserves this reaction because of how good both these guys are on their 200 foot game.

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

That’s a bit of an overreaction. Hoglander and Podkolzin are relentless forecheckers. Having 2 young guys on the same line isn’t ideal but I don’t think it deserves this reaction because of how good both these guys are on their 200 foot game.

After Jake/Gaudette I think if we are to have 2 youngsters on the same line they have to have a center that’s good with them. Someone that would be an upgrade on Sutter. 

If we clear cap maybe an Adam Lowry or maybe a trade for a Chris Tierney-type.