The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I get laid off before xmas due to covid and think to myself, if you aren't working, might as well spring for a year of sportsnet now. Not working and got loads of time to watch a condensed shedule. This many games in, i'm so disappointed I wasted a not a insignificant amount of money this year on this garbage. Kinda feels like the 80's

Edited by wiseupsucker
spelling
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Aqua won’t fire him because he has two more years on his contract.

Green has had a good run here but it’s not common for a rookie coach to last more than a few seasons. They’ve been very fair and patient with him. It’s time for a new more experienced coach to get this team to another level.

So Aqua wont fire a GM that has cost him millions because he has two more years on his contract? How does that make any sense?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dogcrazy said:

Who do you want on our team to handle Lucic or Tkachuk??  lol

tkachuk isnt super great at fighting, Mac and rouss could have a good fight with him but lucic still not many people in the league can throw down with him, reaves ect can.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Anyone that can string a sentence together 

i love our drafting but other moves have been generally bad 

we need to clean house 

Wrong.

absolutely wrong.

Stop this hate on people.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Green has had a good run here but it’s not common for a rookie coach to last more than a few seasons. They’ve been very fair and patient with him. It’s time for a new more experienced coach to get this team to another level.

Question is will it happen during season. I don’t think it is. I think it would have happened by now if there were fans in the stands. 

20 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Next 8 games 

Markstrom 3 times

Hellebuyck 3 times

An Oilers team that is 6-1 in their last 7.

No pressure.

If you're talking points/playoffs, I think the odds of the Canucks getting in are no better than 10% right now. 

Pressure in that sense is quickly becoming a moot point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We got killed not playing guys like MacEwan and Juolevi.

How is shortening the bench working out for Green?

Green has enough options to win games we need to stop making excuses for him. There’s no way this team is a bottom 3 team. This is ridiculous.

You mean that everyone going to the middle of the ice, and waiting for the other team to hand you the puck, is not a winning defensive system?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We got killed not playing guys like MacEwan and Juolevi.

How is shortening the bench working out for Green?

Green has enough options to win games we need to stop making excuses for him. There’s no way this team is a bottom 3 team. This is ridiculous.

Yeah, shortening the bench only leads to overplaying; plus rolling four lines keeps everyone engaged instead of being confused of not knowing what it would take to get some ice time.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -Moose said:

I thought we'd make the playoffs for sure 

So did I, but the gutting of the team core by Benning has proven to be a bit too much for the team to even squeak in this year.   Probably best so they can have a loooooooooooong rest this summer  until next year.   

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The thing is Green has not had a good run at all 

better roster than Willie and a worse record 

he has been awful 

well under 500 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

This org will need another top tier stud d man to compete with the young powerhouses like Colorado etc.

Best way to get one is through the draft.  This is a messed up season anyway, take the L , fire who needs to be fired, then draft a key piece.

On the bright side: Hogs looks like he will be dynamite for this team when they are on track again.  Think of Podz coming in too.  This can be turned around fairly quick, it will need the right guy to do it though.

A line with podz and hogz with petey in middle will be dynamite a real first line

Just now, wiseupsucker said:

I get liad off before xmas due to covid and think to myself, if you aren't working, might as well spring for a year of sportsnet now. Not working and got loads of time to watch a condensed shedule. This many games in, i'm so disappointed I wasted a not a insignificant amount of money this year on this garbage. Kinda feels like the 80's

I feel for you dude. It seems even scoring goals and letting less than 5 goals in is a huge accomplishment for this team right now.

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Demko needs to get a shutout and steal games. Thats the only way we will win. Look at Smith shutting out the Habs. Our goalies have both been mediocre or average at best for us this season.

What you paid is what you get bro....they didn't want to pay Marky coz they think he will be aged in 3, 4 years or will get injured.  We deserve what we have now, an unproven goalie with "potential' and a goalie who had his best days behind him.  

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

i agree with you, but here is what i am worried about

say Myers goes and Edler goes somewhere else.  Who is gonna play D here?   It can probably be figured out but im thinking I want someone else to do the decision making other than the current guy.

Agreed. The list of defenseman Benning has brought hasn't been good....

Sbisa as a key piece in the Kesler trade, trading Forsling (still in the league) for Clendening, paying a premium for Gudbranson to play 2nd pair with Hutton, drafting Juolevi over other D options, signing Del Zaster, trading for Pouliot, Benn signing hasn't worked out, Myers was given an anchor contract, exc. 

Hughes was the one that's worked out, and I'd put Schmidt in the 'good' column too - I still believe in him, otherwise its been pretty much all bad for JB. 

• Like 1