The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

jamies a way better fighter on the ice then jordie, only if he could do that :( 

LOL did they not beat each other up growing up as brothers a couple years apart?  Is he going to let little brother show him up?  I'd like at least a little of that to shine through with Jordie.  I want some of that warrior spirit here.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is averaging almost a point a game.  He’s not the problem.  The Canucks are 3rd overall in goals for.

The 2 problems are keeping the puck out of our net and Petey’s production.  He’s our weak link in the top 6 right now. 

You are the weakest link. Sorry, your name. Had to make a dad joke to cheer me up. Too much CDC after a loss. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You are the weakest link. Sorry, your name. Had to make a dad joke to cheer me up. Too much CDC after a loss. 

Right?

I checked out earlier when we were losing because it's too much for me and I'm trying to stay chill.  But damn....that Fartbutt dude just sent me over the edge.  

2 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

What are the Canucks goalies save percentage on breakaways this season? Demko was not the problem tonight, but I feel that every breakaway this season has ended up in the net.

You must be too used to seeing Marky stood on his head...

• Like 1

I saw Hog sort of throw his hands up as he got up and it's really important that if he's giving it his all out there that his team gives some back to him.  Support these young studs who give you a chance to win.  Don't let all the air out of their tires and have them feeling defeated.  Show up for them (Petey and Quinn have gone through it too).

I am not over this.

Hell hath no fury.  Sigh.  I hate this game.

22 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Have you seen the stats for the bottom half of our lineup? Players are stuck on one and two goals with no assists and have played a majority of  the games. The top players , Pettersson and Miller have low stats for first line players. The stats don't lie. The roster the way it's built isn't good enough.

Agree with you. Thats why i keep saying we need Podz and Hogs to keep developing.  With the playing time 649 has been getting, they have been completely subpar.  Compare them with the elite teams in the league and its not even close.  

3 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Yes and Miller gifted the first goal to the Jets 

Seems like a bad bounced and Scheifle took advantage of a slow footed Edler (with hindsight, He should had just grabbed Scheifle).  Scheifle made a nice move but I was hoping for Demmer to stop that one.  Great effort and the Jets took advantage of the officiating tonight....

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Cowan? Unmemorable. Hordi and Dorset - middleweights and mediocre. Tough = Kurtenback, Smyl, McIlhargey, Cox, Gino, Brashaer and ?

We have several guys who are poor skills, unenergetic and not tough. What the hell are they doing taking a roster spot?

Tough  =  Rosaire Paiement, Curt Fraser......and, they could also put up the points. 

Paiement - Canucks '71-'72: 34/28; pim 152, +13. 

Fraser - Canucks '78 -'83: 348 g.p;  92/114; pim 651 

Put 2 of them on this team and NO-ONE would be messing with our stars.  JB - please find some Paiement and Fraser clones.  Thanks.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Pearson with 18:12 of ice-time while Virtanen had 08:00. Not sure what Pearson did to deserve so much more than Jake, but I thought our shotgun was more visible than Tanner.

Sutter with 15:25 vs Beagle with 7:32. Both not really visible, but at least Jay throws a few hits out there and wins more draws as opposed to Sutter. 

Green has been consistent with giving guys like Sutter, Pearson and Roussel extra ice-time or a slot in the lineup when they really don’t deserve it. Something needs to be addressed here.

Pearson has a history of being relatively productive alongside Bo during his tenure, during tight games like today's you're gonna want your top guys out there often. We can't play Petey's line the whole game. Would like to see more of Jake though, I agree, if he doesn't get a bit more rope to turn things around it's unlikely he will. Though he's running out of time I think. 

I thought Sutter was fine tonight, there were a number of times I noticed him being involved in the offensive zone. His drawing a penalty in the offensive zone springs to mind. He also would have been eating up some of those PK minutes. I'm not as prepared as some others to dump on him, he performs his role well most nights. I'm actually a little surprised Beagle didn't play more, but we were pushing for a goal most of the night. 

Didn't really notice Rouss much. But the reality is until we have cap come off during this offseason and next we've gotta use the pieces we've got. We're admittedly missing Motte's hustle and I'd like to see what Hawrlyuk can do. I'm skeptical of Green too, but he doesn't have much in the way of offensive depth pieces if Jake and Adam can't get off the schneid more often. 

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Ferland would be perfect and would be a difference maker... too bad he likely wont be back.  Mac has all the tools to play the same game.  Greener needs to wake up.

Mac is young though and still establishing himself. He would benefit from a veteran physical leader( ike Ferland) as would others.

These players need a solid veteran physical guy to follow. Sucks about Ferland but we need to find this sort of player eventually.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1