The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

21 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

How can he hit more when he hit at least 5 times in the 7 minutes he played

im not talking about laying out some checks in the game that just happened.  im talking about using his size strength and speed to punish Forbort time after time on the forecheck.  He has all the tools to make that guy miserable next game,...but will he? Id love to see the guy that terrorized defenders in Junior show up the next game and lay the body on Forbort a couple times. Hell, I wish Bo would do that too.  The guy is a bull.  He can surely send a message without getting into a fight.  Just smoke the guy in the corner.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dogcrazy said:

Green is probably the best coach in the league in telling moral victories to his players, which could be a good thing if he is coaching an amateur team...lol....This is the NHL man.  Young guys like Pettersson seems like he has no coaching but just let him be whatever he is.  I guess Green just doesn't have the resume to allow him to challenge his players like other high profile coach is able to...

100 percent agree

Green needs to coach Timbits so little kids go home happy and come back to the rink next game 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

EDDIE BLEW IT Eddy blew it. Jah'tahblew et' :picard: 

It's alright. He's still one of our best but that is bone crushing for a young team that needs a leader and sometimes you can't just make up for leadership after your leader blows it. Who is supposed to step up every time a player blows it?

Edler is great but he blew it.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

D and special teams need new coaching for sure, but anyways.

I find the over-passing nature of the Canucks just way too frustrating. I thought when the Sedin's left and Brock was coming in, we might see a little more more "me first" offense. Shots are rarely a bad thing.. but now Sedinitis is so deeply rooted into this team we've got Tyler Myers trying to be a playmaker from the top of the circle.

It's like the "no, you can take have the puck" mentality of the D system, mixed with a heritage of oversharing in the O zone has created a culture of players who are actually believe passing is better than shooting.

But whatever. We could use another high draft pick.

Also, we need more shots instead of taking the puck around the back of the opponent's net then losing the puck.  If you don't get a shot on net, you won't get a chance to score (look for rebounds etc).  We need less perimeter shots unless we have a body in front of the net.  Our team is not built for scrambly dirty goals (in front of the net) which we need more of.  Maybe in the off-season we can address this issue or we can use Jake or Zack to park themselves in front of the net.

• Cheers 1

Just now, rekker said:

For sure. As I was typing my response that play came to mind. Would just be so nice to be the windshield instead of the bug more often. It's ok to get mad while playing this game. Green and his passive BS have to go.

Is it Green telling them not to stand up for each other though? I got into this earlier in the year, but I think we sometimes blame the coaches too much for what happens. They don't throw on skates & hit the ice.

Part of it - aside from just having willing personnel - is how close a group you have, we saw last year how tight the team was, I think they still have some of that as you saw tonight at the end. But it would be great to bring in some more willing personnel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Again two of those three contracts aren’t “brutal”.

Sutter and Beagle serve their vet purposes. Eriksson as well but in but he was brought in as the top UFA ticket in 2016.

The problem with this team, is having drafted insanely better future superstars than those contracts, who are developing way ahead of the game.

Lmao , how can you seriously believe what you just wrote ?  The bar is so low in Vancouver now it’s sad man

13 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Zebras just throw Myers in the box when he plays tough. Imagine if that was Myers in place of Fortbor. 5 mins and a game. I guarantee it 

True.  I mean we'll never get fair treatment but maybe it's time to abandon the idea of that.  Striving for that.  If we're going to get targeted and the refs are going to shaft us, make it count.

Myers doesn't have that "crazy" edge and just crosschecking isn't enough anyhow.  He gets called because he stands out but not because he's a real threat to anyone.  

I hate that I have to feel this way because I really don't like the "out for blood" stuff...but when teams are out for blood and it's our promising young rookie....NO.   That hissy fit using a stick on a smaller guy who's new to the league is not ok....the Fortborts of the world need addressing.  And the refs should all be fired when that kind of outburst is allowed to run unchecked.  Holding?  Seriously?

The inconsistency in this league is a joke and Bertuzzi was made a scapegoat for nothing.  Some guys can get away with murder and others (depending on what jersey they wear) can't bat an eye without getting penalized.  So my new thinking is if we're going to the box, make it worthwhile.  Roll some heads.

• Cheers 2