The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 21, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

Nucks must have a mental complex against shooting the puck when the clock is a minute or less.  I hope they know there isnt some special rule where you get rewarded with a goal by passing the damn puck around for a certain amount of time without shooting it...or is there such a rule?!

They have a side bet. Last one that touches the puck has to buy dinner

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You do come up with good stories I’ll give you that. 

Man you have to send him and the team the message that you are are happy with standing up and you are rewarding him with ice time. That is what a real coach would do 

what message does it send when you staple him to the bench? 

classic Green head scratcher 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Why? What does he do? He doesn't hit, doesn't fight, doesn't score, doesn't set guys up. The only time I notice him is when he is taking a penalty or in a scrum when he is being "held back" by the officials. 

If you can't see why Roussel should be the next captain of this hockey team, Lord help you. Everybody else can see it. He's the leader of the team. Guy never makes mistakes, drives the offense and best of all, inspires his teammates to be outerworldly. If you don't have a Roussel jersey you're just crazy. Guy is probably better than Gretzky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I am just wondering if they are hiding from the Kraken cause his avg TOI per game is ridiculous 

The game is slowly turning

you need guys crashing and banging to keep the energy up 

it just seems like Green simply does not understand that 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 1

Mac is up to a whopping 5 10 through two periods.  That's lowest on the team.  Lower than Virt and Rouss. Barely half what gaud has played.

And yet his fight is one of the keys to the game IMO.  

Green is not my coach.  I'm sorry folks.  He is incapable of making in game changes and reading emotions.  He plays safe and makes conservative and passive choices every time.

As if not playing mac after what he did to to lift the team by winning a fight against a legit heavy weight doesn't matter.

Blah!

Ok guys lets win this regardless of this coach.

C'mon Holtby you are looking good.  Close the door buddy. And Petey get another beauty!

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, oldnews said:

The genius was suggesting that Hoglander is too green to be plaing on Horvat's line - as if his game without the puck isn't good enough...

Awful take on his part.

The rookie has had

43.3% ozone starts,

51.2% corsi, 

17 takeaways leads the team,

12 blocked shots is 3rd among forwards (to Motte and Sutter).

He may be a rookie - but he's not in over his head whatsover.

I don't know about those fancy stats but he passes the good ol' fashioned eye test.  He sure looks like he belongs out there.  If not for a few bounces he'd have more points too.  I think he'll start getting the points soon.  He can only get better from here.  We've got a good future but we've got to take care of the right now.  Right now.  Go Canucks Go!

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

If you can't see why Roussel should be the next captain of this hockey team, Lord help you. Everybody else can see it. He's the leader of the team. Guy never makes mistakes, drives the offense and best of all, inspires his teammates to be outerworldly. If you don't have a Roussel jersey you're just crazy. Guy is probably better than Gretzky. 

Done, I just ordered it. 

• Haha 1

MacEwen misses a couple shifts when he was in the box with a major - otherwise he'd be in the 6-7 minute range like his linemates (on track for 9 minutes in a game the team is doing very well territorially - ie not a lot of dzone starts) = nothing to see here.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1