The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, LeafsFanDan said:

What do you mean why? Because he is one of 2 goalies we have no choice. Benning took a gamble on him and it failed, it was 80% yes and 20% no, it was a good gamble just really unfortunate Holtby doesn't look like it will work out, but that's why he was a gamble and when you gamble you need to accept the consequences when you lose.

Why is he playing tonight... I have no issue with JB signing Holtby, it was the right decision.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Green has been breaking this prospect for years. No one else gets this treatment from Green. Also, Baertschi I guess.

At least JV18 gets to suit up. OJ is getting the shaft here. Plays well and then it’s off to the press box to fatten up on popcorn. :mad:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -Moose said:

Why is he playing tonight... I have no issue with JB signing Holtby, it was the right decision.

Moneyball movie tactic - modern day sports is run by algorithms of stats and analysis. Machines have been proven to be more effective at roaster distribution then just "gut feeling or intuition" Green is playing the odds and going by metrics.