The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 4, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, TSN4

Rate this topic

-SN-

Or a discarded ex-Leaf goalie getting the last laugh?

I *think* the Leafs stormed out to a big lead in the game, where Raycroft replaced Luongo.  Canucks stormed back & won the game?  Or am I remembering it wrong?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder what Benning saw in Virtanen over Nylander.

Virtanen isn't a lazy piece of trash who refuses to even attempt to backcheck and quits on his teammates to demand one of the worst contracts in the NHL.  You don't win with gutless cowards who are afraid of the puck and refuse to put in anything resembling an acceptable effort.  You want our young players watching Double Flamingo floating around and thinking that the way he is playing is acceptable for a professional?  He's a perfect fit for the Laffs, who have built a culture where trying to keep the puck out of your own net is completely optional.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Patrik Laine said:

What are the odds that green is fired after the game tomorrow? I say 53%

5.3 %

no fans

no booing

no bags on our heads

no bronx cheers 

Aqua and the boys can pretend all is right with the world of Canuckville

44 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Virtanen isn't a lazy piece of trash who refuses to even attempt to backcheck and quits on his teammates to demand one of the worst contracts in the NHL.  You don't win with gutless cowards who are afraid of the puck and refuse to put in anything resembling an acceptable effort.  You want our young players watching Double Flamingo floating around and thinking that the way he is painting l playing is acceptable for a professional?  He's a perfect fit for the Laffs, who have built a culture where trying to keep the puck out of your own net is completely optional.

you haven't been watching Canuck games have you?

3 hours ago, Patrik Laine said:

What are the odds that green is fired after the game tomorrow? I say 53%

Benning is the one who iced this team.  Who failed so catastrophically this summer/fall.  When the team is very good again (when Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel are bought out/gone and the Luongo contract is finally done with) -- we will probably benefit from a different coach.  I'm not sure it matters that much until Benning/the contract situation is fixed.  However, management might still want to fire him in the next few weeks.  I don't think Benning will survive March unless there is just an enormous turn around with a real shot at the playoffs.  The team we had in the playoffs last year could have beaten this Leafs, which kind of tells us how quickly and completely the team has worsened.