The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eric Staal open to a trade to a contender

22 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Join the Leafs in their quest to create some sort of Franken-Team Canada of days gone by.

Not fair to Staal imo, he's been pretty legit in the latter half of his career. Wouldn't wish Toronto on him. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

He's an older UFA and isn't exactly having an amazing season (no one in Buffalo is...) so I can't imagine that Buffalo can expect much in return.  Maybe FLA?  Not sure I would consider them a contender, but he spent many years the Southeast US.  Who knows, maybe Carolina might even be interested.

Don't know what to think about Buffalo.  On paper they shouldn't be this bad even if there are significant questions about their goaltending.  So much for Taylor Hall's 1-year bet on himself.  Jeff Skinner will hopefully turn it around as that is even more of an anchor around a team's neck than LE's deal.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan

9 minutes ago, x00x said:

we not a contender, so GL with that

Obviously I'm being factitious  , Every time a player name gets dropped CDC starts making up trade scenarios ! Just wait and watch and welcome to the board.

• Haha 1

What the utter hell is wrong with Buffalo seriously

So much stockpiled talent.  A literal decade or more drafting top 10 and better and they still can't put anything together.

Staal not only won't come here I find it far more likely he ends up in Carolina or Pittsburgh.  Possibly Florida