The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

we are not a puck possesion team, and that's ok. 

That’s ridiculous.

The way we’re playing is not allowing us to do that. Every team has to be able to possess the puck.

They don’t need to be the best in the league at it, but they need to at least play well with the basic aspects of the game.

Thats what frustrates me the most when I see efforts like this out of Demko. Like where we could go if we just had even average defensive numbers in our game.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

No by that I mean a fake, dude haven’t seen you on this site till tonight since forever now you share you quotes and wisdom. Like I said easy to do when they’re winning and say this and that. Changes still need to be made. 

He hasn't been in a GDT since Feb 1

Vancouver Demkos win again...  

Myers with some noticeable solid plays...  been liking his game of late. 

Horvat and Hoggy building some nice chemistry.

SO good to see Motte back. 

Diddnt produce as much offence as I expected tonight...  but Ottawa was decent when Gudbranson wasn’t on the ice lmao

36 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A coach, for good or bad, affects all of those things.

last time i checked, the coach don't go out and shoot the puck....but yeah, stick it to the coach if he can't come up with a power play plan or D-zone clearance plan or an O-zone entry plan

Just now, J-Strap said:

last time i checked, the coach don't go out and shoot the puck....but yeah, stick it to the coach if he can't come up with a power play plan or D-zone clearance plan or an O-zone entry plan

Comes down to preparation and motivation.

Good coaches know how to have their guys ready to play every game.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s ridiculous.

The way we’re playing is not allowing us to do that. Every team has to be able to posses the puck.

They don’t need to be the best in the league at it, but they need to at least play well with the basic aspects of the game.

Thats what frustrates me the most when I see efforts like this out of Demko. Like where we could go if we just had even an defensive structure in our game we’d be a playoff team.

being a puck possesion team is not the end all be all. we wont be a possesion team until our third line get's a shakeup. arguably our only puck possesion line is the first line bo's and beagles line are more defensive. we make the most out our chances by taking extra risk, which leads to turnovers

5 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah not a regular. Getting on my nerves though

oh, no. people can't handle opionions other than thier own on a public board? maybe your old tired diatribe bothered me so much, that i got fed up. honestly I don't like arguing like a primary school student, it's tiresome so most nights I just avoid PGT hater's

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Comes down to preparation and motivation.

Good coaches know how to have their guys ready to play every game.

sure and i agree coaching matters but it's not the end all be all....it took jesus to turn water to wine (or was that coffee...anyway), but on certain Nucks lines, we might be missing a couple of hydrogen and/or oxygen molecules

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Can't wait to see what Demko's next contract looks like. It's gonna be pricey af

Still think it will be 4-5 on a short term or 6-7 long term.

Contract negotiations will be based on more than a couple months of stellar play. 

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Crazy to think we could actually pass the Habs with a win Friday.

Sure they’d still have 4 games in hand but to think that was ever a possibility  at the beginning of the month was laughable.

Yeah totally. I’m always cheering and hoping lol but now it’s kinda becoming a reality that we have a shot. Really comes down to these games with Montreal for the most part If they want to stay in it. 

I would almost start Holtby on Friday now. He wants to be apart of this little run I’m sure. And maybe the team will wake up a bit knowing it’s not Demko. Today wasn’t bad, some players were really good but they need to up it another notch again.

Pearson will be a hit if he’s out whether people agree or not. The team is hurting a bit right now. 

One thing I’ll say though. Although they ain’t perfect and have areas to improve even during this streak is they a playing like a group. At the start of the year there was none of that. Much different team even if the Ottawa games looked a little uninspiring.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh, no. people can't handle opionions other than thier own on a public board? maybe your old tired diatribe bothered me so much, that i got fed up. honestly I don't like arguing like a primary school student, it's tiresome so most nights I just avoid PGT hater's

Try again