The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Not a bad effort, still need to turn it up a notch. Those 4 pm games always feel a bit dull to me. Anyways....

Back to .500 on Friday :towel:

Crazy to think we could actually pass the Habs with a win Friday.

Sure they’d still have 4 games in hand but to think that was ever a possibility  at the beginning of the month was laughable.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

If coaching didn't play such a factor, why do teams have 3 on the bench and another few in the sky? Why fire them when the team is under performing? Why not just let the players go out and dictate what to do on their own? 

I like travis as a players coach, His approach vs torts is night and day. Personally i want the brown and baumer gone and player deployment and systems in those two areas they have control over are pathetic vs what it could be.

Because you can't fire the players.  That's why the coach gets fired when the team is underperforming.  Coaches get way too much credit for what happens in the game IMO.  The only thing they control is when players are on the ice (and calling timeouts when momentum changes are needed).  

As the saying goes, show me a good coach, I'll show you a good goaltender.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Did you watch the game or are you just looking at the boxscore?

I don’t know why you think shots are the only metric for measuring how we played. Did you not happen to see us struggle making simple plays, losing puck battle after puck battle, giving up grade A chances, and not moving our feet?

Those things will add up to losses pretty quickly if Demko falters even a little.

yes, that is because ottawa is a much better puck possesion team than us. canucks try to setup great plays and take on more risk, we do that because of our high calibre forwards ability to finish quality scoring chances, this in turn leads to turnovers.

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

yes, that is because ottawa is a much better puck possesion team than us. canucks try to setup great plays and take on more risk, we do that because of our high calibre forwards ability to finish quality scoring chances, this in turn leads to turnovers.

And our high caliber goaltending. “We do that” because of our high caliber goaltending as well.

Edited by Me_

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So what you're saying is the Rangers real coaching staff is trash and that they should fire them and stay with the AHL coaching staff?

Good luck with that reasoning.

Yes i believe david quinn is a trash coach, The talent he has and just spins his tires with is pathetic. In response to the game tonight, Yes it's obviously a good amount of it is just the classic boost all teams get when new bench bosses are there. But to think all 3 just stand there and say " do whatever you want tonight " is just not the case. 

Interesting how one comment about a very mediocre team randomly going 9-0 in 2 periods against a pretty good team not known to get blown out, on the exact day all new coaching staff comes in gets ripped this much. It's just proof coaching does play a factor, and the people who believe it doesn't are in their own world.

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Yes i believe david quinn is a trash coach, The talent he has and just spins his tires with is pathetic. In response to the game tonight, Yes it's obviously a good amount of it is just the classic boost all teams get when new bench bosses are there. But to think all 3 just stand there and say " do whatever you want tonight " is just not the case. 

Interesting how one comment about a very mediocre team randomly going 9-0 in 2 periods against a pretty good team not known to get blown out, on the exact day all new coaching staff comes in gets ripped this much. It's just proof coaching does play a factor, and the people who believe it doesn't are in their own world.

It's actually only the AHL coach, that's there, isn't the assistant the AGM (Chris Drury).  I don't think this coach had anytime to put in any systems.  If you think he did, you're one crazy dude.  You need weeks to implement a new system.  Hence, why they have training camps.

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

Puck possession comes from doing all the things I listed. Making plays, moving your feet, winning puck battles, and not turning over the puck.

This team can play that way when it wants to, we’ve seen it. The difference is putting talk into action which there’s been way too little of.  

You give way too much credit to Ottawa and not nearly enough criticism for the way our guys played.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1