The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Right, Thats why head coaches alone get 3+ million a year right? We are just hockey fans. But to sit here and think the smartest people in hockey aka NHL executives and willing to pay them that much and know they play such a little factor in the game is silly.

It's called structure my friend, Most people don't have jobs they just show up to and do what they think is best. Manager / Boss = coach. 
Bad ones = bad business. Good ones = Good business. But this doesn't translate to hockey for whatever reason? I'm not so sure about that.

The problem with that analogy is good business = making money.  Canucks = Making money.  So what's right then?

4 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Statistics actually account for things like that. Every team goes through good and bad experiences and every team has excuses when they need to. 

When the power play works, it looks good because they seem to be focused on pretty goals but when it isn't working it has been quite embarassing. Good with bad but overall we are below average and it shows more often then not - tonight, it was terrible again. I hope to eat these words when we finish the season with the best power play but I just don't see that happening based on a fairly large sample size.

I like to put on rose coloured glasses but I just can't justify excluding samples that don't support my glasses. 

Time for new glasses. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

This is exactly why I don't buy into these doomsday posters regarding Benning, or really, anyone else on this team. No one is infallible.

6 minutes ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Statistics actually account for things like that. Every team goes through good and bad experiences and every team has excuses when they need to. 

When the power play works, it looks good because they seem to be focused on pretty goals but when it isn't working it has been quite embarassing. Good with bad but overall we are below average and it shows more often then not - tonight, it was terrible again. I hope to eat these words when we finish the season with the best power play but I just don't see that happening based on a fairly large sample size.

I like to put on rose coloured glasses but I just can't justify excluding samples that don't support my glasses. 

yikes, dude. your going to eat your words. EP40 has hit more posts than any other player. Quote me on it, Canucks will finish higher than 15th place In powerplay % by the end of the season. we had one of the better PP'S last year same team, and you can't stop ep40s onetimer unless the defenders cheat, which hughes would pounce on. nothing wrong with our PP, worked for ovechkin and patrick laine, and it worked last year and the past 20 games.

Canucks have not played really good, but win is win, 2 points is 2 points.

Canucks won 6 of last 7 games, good trend.

Congrat to Gaudette, got his first SO goal.

Now Canucks is back to the race of playoff.

GO CANUCKS GO.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

We eeked out 2 wins against the Sens in OT and SO.

I hope they were saving their energy (unlikely) because Mtl is going to slap this team back into reality if the boys don't play with some desperation. 

Green, you know Mtl is gonna go out on an all out blitz on the forecheck.... Please have an answer for this because we all know it's coming

I agree that the Habs (like Vegas in last years playoffs), will be forechecking hard in the Offensive zone - hopefully Green and the staff will finally have an answer to teams that play this system against us ....