The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Lol, that was honestly a spell check error, I'm sure my spelling was closer to Slovakia than it was to taking your time, so I'll blame it on Grammerly. Had I actually proofed the post I might have even caught it.

I just had to google your typo to see if anything interesting I could make fun of came up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

at this point Ottawa is more likely to pass us then we are to make the playoffs.

At the start of the year alot of us believed we were going to make the playoffs, we all laughed at the tsn predictions. Maybe they were right, our team just isn't good enough

Yes, this is true.  In fact, I made a thread about it and you and many others seemed to think I was delusional/impatient.  But that's all good!

The moral of the story is to follow me, heed what I say, and you'll never go astray.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Embarrassing that they trot the same D out every game and think they’re playing good.

After this game if the coach is preaching accountability he should be sitting Benn and slotting Juolevi in. But of course he won’t because only young players get sent a message.

Not just Benn but some of the other high minute eaters has also been struggling as well and should sit but this staff wont make the hard decision.

Only message he is preaching is favoritism...

3 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

It doesn't work that way. O.J. has played more than 2 pro seasons so he needs to be protected or Seattle could draft him.

Who is exempt from NHL expansion draft?
All players who have accrued two or less professional seasons at the end of the 2020-21 season, as well as all unsigned draft choices appearing on the teams reserve list, will be exempt from the upcoming expansion draft.

Number of games played is only for the below....right now, only Myers and Schmidt meet that requirement so as of today the Canucks would have to expose one of those 2 in the draft. If O.J. played 12 more games he could be the D-man the Canucks expose to meet minimum requirements if they chose to do so.
A team must expose at least 2 forwards and 1 defenseman who meet the following criteria: They have to be under contract in 2021-22. They played in 27 or more NHL games in 2020-21 OR. They played in 54 or more NHL games in 2019-20- and 2020-21 combined*

I know they have to expose him, what I'm saying is that if OJ was playing every game, and playing as well as we saw earlier this year, the Canucks would have had to protect him. By not playing him, he becomes a massive risk for Seattle to take, a third year pro who has missed more games to injury than he has played and has only played a handful of NHL games. Either Jake, Gauds or Holtby is a better prospect. So by not playing him, they don't have to protect him because it's highly unlikely Seattle takes him.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hmmmm, I like our players, I think we have the potential talent to be very competitive, but hey, what do I know?

I agree, we have a lot of potential but the players gotta learn to do the right thing at game speed. I’m not saying TG is the perfect coach but man, we are thin and that’s the biggest issue here. 

• Like 1