The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 22, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Our best players are 21-25. This is part of the learning process. TG doesn’t have a headset talking to all the players through little speakers in their helmets. Player for player we just don’t match up with the best in the league yet. 

Lol. Without Demko they don't even match up against Ottawa. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

We have a promising core, that counts for a lot. But Jim has to prove he can build around them without having to overpay to get the right parts. To this point, his FA spendings have been grotesque. 

I won't lie, he makes me nervous.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You also have to be realistic and understand that we will be a lot further down the standings, so that will be depressing watching them fall further down and not being able to do anything about it.

I’m aware of that. The more games played sucks but I don’t know who else has a break like we do that’s gotta count for something.

11 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Crying about coaching this season is like  getting hit by a car and complaining that your smokes got squashed. 

What if we cry about our smokes getting squashed, complain about the car, and hit the coaches?

Yeah, I think I like this one.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

They will be. There's a reason Green wasn't extended. No way a new coach keeps these assistants. I can't remember seeing a GM getting a chance with a 4th? Coach. Doesn't happen, so he'll be gone too. 

I actually don't mind Green, but I just think he needs some experienced assistants to talk some sense to him to make some pre-game and/or in-game adjustment.

2 minutes ago, ey40 said:

Sometimes I just think that the Sedins were just so brilliant that they covered up the incompetence of Newell Brown's Power Play.

They taught him to run a powerplay.

He’s overrated because the Sedins made him look good. We can get pretty much any former player that played a powerplay who could coach better than him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1