The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

A player could be put in COVID protocol without having tested positive. That happened to Miller at the start of the season. Let's hope that they're just being diligent to stop any potential spread.

This could potentially affect players to the point that they can no longer compete at that high of a level. I wish for a full recovery for them and their family members who may also be affected.

Hopefully at least some of the selfish ones start to take COVID more seriously.

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

those flights are cheap 

Cheapest flight on Harbour Air Seaplanes return $226.00 that's probably before any taxes and fees, and that's booking in June. (It can be up to $406 return)

Helijet before Covid was more expensive than Harbour Air. 

So not sure where you get cheap from. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Cheapest flight on Harbour Air Seaplanes return $226.00 that's probably before any taxes and fees, and that's booking in June. (It can be up to $406 return)

Helijet before Covid was more expensive than Harbour Air. 

So not sure where you get cheap from. 

corporate and gov't packages are much cheaper. Henry's one way flight probably wasn't much more expensive than driving onto the ferry one way.

Edited by Jimmy McGill

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

corporate and gov't packages are much cheaper. Henry's one way flight probably wasn't much more expensive than driving onto the ferry one way.

You don't understand aircraft or helicopters then. 

Helicopters have lower payloads, and more expensive than older floatplanes. 

Aviation fuel is not cheap. And with Covid you're probably running 3/5ths or 50% capacity. 

So for a 6 passenger helicopter that's 3 in the back and one up front with the pilot at best.

Cheaper might be 20% off. 

But it's still going to be WAY more than a ferry run. It's just you get there in 20-30 minutes. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

You don't understand aircraft or helicopters then. 

Helicopters have lower payloads, and more expensive than older floatplanes. 

Aviation fuel is not cheap. And with Covid you're probably running 3/5ths or 50% capacity. 

So for a 6 passenger helicopter that's 3 in the back and one up front with the pilot at best.

Cheaper might be 20% off. 

But it's still going to be WAY more than a ferry run. It's just you get there in 20-30 minutes. 

I guess not. When I was doing consulting for gov't clients we would get lists of pre-approved providers to choose from for flights, hotels and cars and it was always much cheaper, at least 30% sometimes more. Maybe things have changed. 

38 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Does anyone know if this is Adam Gaudettes wife or not? Because if it is it's actually a little alarming imo, but I ask because it's a flames fan posting it, but it was posted to one of her tweets....

Yeah, based on her response to the regulations and how she won't "follow" that, this is DEFINITELY not a good look on her part.

Edit: I don't think blaming her is the appropriate response. That being said, just look at that clip. She openly dismissed the specific precaution because she wanted to go out. That is NOT GOOD.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Actually no. I get that you need to feel superior in this situation. I was having a conversation with Devron44 and they were speculating on who the other sick Canuck could be. My one word answer to them was Boeser. Wasn’t talking to your dumb ass or your other account, the equally stupid Abrasive Assjax. Yet both of you are desperately trying to state that I was making a statement to the community at large, even though I quoted Devron purposely to indicate (especially to the slower, denser posters like yourself) that it was a response to them. 

You should stick to one account so the trolling on this site doesn’t get out of hand, Ajax. 

14 Canucks sick with COVID now

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, panelguy said:

14 Canucks sick with COVID now

14 players on the protocol list.

That doesn’t mean they all have it necessarily. Close contacts would also have to go on that list.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, based on her response to the regulations and how she won't "follow" that, this is DEFINITELY not a good look on her part.

Edit: I don't think blaming her is the appropriate response. That being said, just look at that clip. She openly dismissed the specific precaution because she wanted to go out. That is NOT GOOD.

Yikes, that's not a good clip for her.  They're going to get roasted big time

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

14 players on the protocol list.

That doesn’t mean they all have it necessarily. Close contacts would also have to go on that list.

On the possibility that this has any long-term effects, we're really fortunate that Petey wasn't around to have it passed on to him.  Hopefully Boeser manages to stay healthy as well.  I'm definitely concerned about long-terms effects on Hughes, Demko & Horvat though.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Guadettes wife needs to stfu and stop letting these clowns get to her...

From how she talked in the video clip, she doesn't seem like she can. She just openly dismissed a specific precaution by saying "Yeah, I'm not gonna follow that."

This illustrates her 'mistrust' of authorities on this situation, which is DANGEROUS. This implies that she is picking and choosing what she is following (or not), and potentially increases the risk.

I'm not saying that Dr. Henry has been perfect with this. This is a separate issue. But the fact that Micaela won't follow precautions because it's not convenient for her is the issue. Her cavalier attitude is the issue. Is it a stretch to think that she has been complacent about COVID regulations? We don't have proof, but her video clip suggests that to be the case.

Edited by Dazzle

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

From how she talked in the video clip, she doesn't seem like she can. She just openly dismissed a specific precaution by saying "Yeah, I'm not gonna follow that."

This illustrates her 'mistrust' of authorities on this situation, which is DANGEROUS. This implies that she is picking and choosing what she is following (or not), and potentially increases the risk.

I'm not saying that Dr. Henry has been perfect with this. This is a separate issue. But the fact that Micaela won't follow precautions because it's not convenient for her is the issue. Her cavalier attitude is the issue. Is it a stretch to think that she has been complacent about COVID regulations? We don't have proof, but her video clip suggests that to be the case.

It’s definitely not a good look on her...in this situation she should just remain quiet and best if she stays away from social media. She’s making herself look worse.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

:frantic:

Had me scared there. That would be a huge jump from 8.

The day is still young 19 may have been on the low end.

[Pierre LeBrun] Via sources, here is the latest on the Canucks outbreak. Again, hockey is secondary. There are 16 players and three coaches currently affected but that list is likely to grow. More developments Arrow pointing rightwards then curving downwards @TSNHockey @TheAthletic

Edited by hammertime

16 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

It’s definitely not a good look on her...in this situation she should just remain quiet and best if she stays away from social media. She’s making herself look worse.

Unfortunately, ppl are defending her like they're her white knight. I agree with you - she should stay off it.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I want to know which one of those women threw her under the bus and leaked the video?

• Cheers 1