The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar to Bruins for Andres Bjork, 2021 2nd-round pick

19 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

And some people on here were praising Dubas for giving up a 1st and two 4th rounders for Foligno. :emot-parrot:

Both trades were bad, but Hall is absolutely useless once the checking gets tighter, and is the definition of a one dimensional player.

4 teams in 2 years for this guy. I've watched some Sabres games and he looked SO disinterested. 
Kind've fair for a guy that's almost 30, a former 1st overall pick, and has only played 14 playoff games. 

What Hall really needs is to join a cup competitor and win some games, he's been losing his entire career. I think that would give him the spark to get back to his former self and the dominating player he used to be (like his year Hart year with NJD). 

Stop taking individual glory and money and just go to a winning atmosphere Hally. Should've picked Colorado when you had the chance! 

36 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Be interesting to see what he does on a deep team 

Boston only has a couple years and that core is toast. McAvoy is their only real young talent. 
I hope the fall flat on their faces haha. I’m not expecting much from Hall but you’re right he’s never been on a good team 

Edit: I forgot Pastrnak but my opinion made lol

Edited by Devron44

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t think they’ll be signing anyone for 9 million AAV for awhile lol

I'd imagine not! I wonder what they'll do, could they potentially move Eichel? Tear it all down?

They've gotta figure $&!# out eventually, and some of us think we have it bad.. 

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

Soooo Foligno for a 1st, 4th and Noesen.......

Hall and Lazar acquired for a pile of dog sh*t.

Yikes... idk how I’d feel if I was a TO fan....

Don’t worry we have plenty of leaf blowers on this forum,. Dubas can do no wrong :lol:

He got bid save Dave, 33 years young Foligno and some other real good players. They’re planning the parade now.  Throwing a little shade at dimjim too. It’s thrilling to be a Leaf fan right now.

50EF3C70-9E6B-4340-BF4A-4A8A5002DC69.jpeg

• Haha 3

Foligno overpayment, Hall underpayment, rules are out the window this season.

Hall at 50%, even if he's a rental, costing a B grade prospect and 2nd is a slap in the face. Honestly expected he'd go for a 1st and A grade prospect, or at least with a condition (eg. 2nd round pick turns into a 1st if he re-signs with Boston or Boston make the SCF).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

I just realized the TD is tomorrow.. I was wondering why there were so many trades today...

seems like a sellers market, we better get in on this and sell as many healthy assets as possible lol. 

For sure! Let's sell every expendable piece who hasn't been under the weather for the past 2 weeks! Oh no... thats just jordy benn :(

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

754998EA-28C3-44F6-A7FF-39DA12617BCC.jpeg

Sabres made a mistake by trading Hall. By holding on to Hall long enough, Hall gifted Edmonton with McDavid and Draisaitl and New Jersey with Jack Hughes.

Sabres were on course to win 1st overall, but now after the trade, will watch two teams that finished much higher than them in the standings pick 1st and 2nd overall ahead of them.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, khay said:

Sabres made a mistake by trading Hall. By holding on to Hall long enough, Hall gifted Edmonton with McDavid and Draisaitl and New Jersey with Jack Hughes.

Sabres were on course to win 1st overall, but now after the trade, will watch two teams that finished much higher than them in the standings pick 1st and 2nd overall ahead of them.

His value took a hit when the NHL changed the rules for the draft lottery.  Only the first two picks are part of the lottery this year and. No team can move up more than 10 spots 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

His value took a hit when the NHL changed the rules for the draft lottery.  Only the first two picks are part of the lottery this year and. No team can move up more than 10 spots 

Will the Canucks, ever get a 1 OA ?; while the Sabres are going for there Fourth - smh.

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Will the Canucks, ever get a 1 OA ?; while the Sabres are going for there Fourth - smh.

Actually, we had 1st overall 22 years ago in the 1999 entry draft. We traded it to the thrashers for 2nd overall and a 3rd.

36 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Actually, we had 1st overall 22 years ago in the 1999 entry draft. We traded it to the thrashers for 2nd overall and a 3rd.

Good point but on the record it shows our pick as 2nd & 3rd but I can't complain too much about a few of our 2nd OA picks: Linden, Daniel and Nedved...