The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 20, 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Wonder what Green does, Demko or Holtby? Holtby really had Toronto's number last game but I think they'll be much stronger tonight so would slot Demko in to mix things up on them. On defence, Schmidt should eat some of Edler's minutes but we can't work Myers like we did again, Green has to either spread the load or trust his bottom defencemen. Obviously Chatfield is a bit all-over-the-place defensively but hopefully we can see Juolevi soon and more minutes for Hamonic.

This is a huge game, obviously it's not a season-decider, but we can see Montreal's wheels coming right off, Calgary slipping and we've got games in hand now against one of the worst teams in the league. The Canucks could easily turn this into a Cindarella-story-type season and make the playoffs if they put their heads down and keep going.

I'm just worried they'll burn out after all these back-to-backs and condensed games, then jump straight into the playoffs (with probably a day or two off) but the way the North division has been, you never know what will happen and we're proving we can beat anyone except Montreal right now...

2-0 Canucks with Demko in net.

• Cheers 2

There better be a good reason Big Mac is being kept out. Still one of my favourite players. 

Hamonic is great, would love another few years at a reasonable contract. 

The win on Monday felt sooooo good, another one tonight would be incredible. 

GCG

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

**** Green and his favouritism. Always giving lineup opportunities to his “Travis Boys” and never playing the kids. :bigblush:

There’s 3 Rookies in that line up and a couple sophomores. Lind Just started playing center this year? Maybe coach wants a to see him have a couple more practices?

19 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wonder what Green does, Demko or Holtby? Holtby really had Toronto's number last game but I think they'll be much stronger tonight so would slot Demko in to mix things up on them. On defence, Schmidt should eat some of Edler's minutes but we can't work Myers like we did again, Green has to either spread the load or trust his bottom defencemen. Obviously Chatfield is a bit all-over-the-place defensively but hopefully we can see Juolevi soon and more minutes for Hamonic.

This is a huge game, obviously it's not a season-decider, but we can see Montreal's wheels coming right off, Calgary slipping and we've got games in hand now against one of the worst teams in the league. The Canucks could easily turn this into a Cindarella-story-type season and make the playoffs if they put their heads down and keep going.

I'm just worried they'll burn out after all these back-to-backs and condensed games, then jump straight into the playoffs (with probably a day or two off) but the way the North division has been, you never know what will happen and we're proving we can beat anyone except Montreal right now...

2-0 Canucks with Demko in net.

Holtby was first off the ice today. He starts 

8 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

There better be a good reason Big Mac is being kept out. Still one of my favourite players. 

Hamonic is great, would love another few years at a reasonable contract. 

The win on Monday felt sooooo good, another one tonight would be incredible. 

GCG

How 'bout he ain't that good....

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, gurn said:

Here is Patrick Johnston insinuating Travis is a liar.

Stay classy media.

Johnston is a clown. Adding in the air quotes on his own accord truly shows how these pinched loaves try to sew distrust without proof. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1