The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ilya Kovalchuk plans to return to the NHL next season

Good chance he signs with the Laffs - seems to be Dubas' current MO to fill his roster, with cheap but (more) talented (former) top 6 forwards to support/mentor the four headed monster of: Tavares, Matthews, Marner and Nylander which is eating close to 50% of there cap.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Congrats on the Gagarin Cup !

i read an article a couple of years back where he honestly stated it was his life long dream to win a gold , or championship at every major tournament in the sport of hockey of hockey.

His latest Gagarin Championship win in the KHL adds to Olympic gold, World Championship gold, and U18 World Championships gold..

He is only a Stanley Cup Championship win away from being in that rare honour of having accomplished those 5 titles,.  a remarkable achievement in itself.

I think that’s enough motivation to get anyone to prepare themselves to be in the best shape of their life.

Good luck Ilya.

im certain he would sign a fair contract for the opportunity to be on the team he thinks could get him there and contribute productively.

a .55 -.60 ppg player in his last 4 seasons in the NHL,   a 1.0 ppg av in his last KHL season.

this is a player contributing for his teams, and trying to live his wildest dream.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Congrats on the Gagarin Cup !

i read an article a couple of years back where he honestly stated it was his life long dream to win a gold , or championship at every major tournament in the sport of hockey of hockey.

His latest Gagarin Championship win in the KHL adds to Olympic gold, World Championship gold, and U18 World Championships gold..

He is only a Stanley Cup Championship win away from being in that rare honour of having accomplished those 5 titles,.  a remarkable achievement in itself.

I think that’s enough motivation to get anyone to prepare themselves to be in the best shape of their life.

Good luck Ilya.

im certain he would sign a fair contract for the opportunity to be on the team he thinks could get him there and contribute productively.

a .55 -.60 ppg player in his last 4 seasons in the NHL,   a 1.0 ppg av in his last KHL season.

this is a player contributing for his teams, and trying to live his wildest dream.

I think we tried last time. He wasn't interested in Vancouver if I recall correctly. Too lame for his loftiness.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:28 AM, HKSR said:

Get him!  Get Jagr too!  Heard Plekanec is still playing with Jagr, so get him too! 

While we're at it, bring back Raymond and Ballard.

Ohhh too late now for Raymond and Ballard.... I last heard Raymond is doing a full-time gig as an underwear model and Ballard is on a virtual jazz band.... 

but I do want to see Brookbank back!! he was such a fan fav!!!