The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gang Warfare in Metro Vancouver - Out of Control?

DonLever

12 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Previously yes but now the rhetoric from the liberals is all about black guns bad, why ban a bunch of guns last year if they weren’t a problem or contributing to crime? This ban essentially turned many legal gun owners into criminals over night. As you said the program was working as intended, which makes their gun grab not about fixing any problems, but vilifying legal responsible citizens while the criminals continue to get their illegal guns and commit crimes

The typical retarded liberal approach to this. The illusion of doing something while in reality doing nothing.. constructive. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The typical retarded liberal approach to this. The illusion of doing something while in reality doing nothing.. constructive. 

well we can't all be perpetual victim, snowflake conservatives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• DonLever changed the title to Gang Warfare in Metro Vancouver - 3 Shot (1 Dead) in Burnaby Mall Last Night
On 5/13/2021 at 5:32 PM, bishopshodan said:

Legalise all drugs.

Take the main income away from these gangster dirt bags. 

Yeah the gang shootings in Sweden are growing as well and we haven't legalized marijuana yet, yet the Swedish justice minister had the nerve to go on TV recently and say Sweden knows better and that legalization is not the answer... this country loves the smell of it's own BS way too much.

Edited by canuckster19
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

Yeah the gang shootings in Sweden are growing as well and we haven't legalized marijuana yet, yet the Swedish justice minister had the nerve to go on TV recently and say Sweden knows better and that legalization is not the answer... this country loves the smell of it's own BS way too much.

Leaglization of Marijuana has shown to reduce crime. Obviously it is also growing into a massive industry. The health benefits are also more openly studied due to being legal.

The war on drugs is a failure.

I was involved in a liquor store in the DTES for 10 years. We forget how heavy a drug alcohol is, yet it is celebrated in our culture. Working in the DTES I also witnessed first had the opioid crisis. Heartbreaking. People will get their fix, legal or not and there is no stopping them. It is impossible to stop the import and/or production. The new drugs are so powerful and small. I read 10 grams of fentanyl is equal to a kilogram of synthetic herion. Carfentanil is off the charts, 10,000x more powerful than morphine.  I also often point out how less than 1% of the millions of cargo containers arriving yearly are inspected in Greater Van. 

Lots of places are going to decriminalising possession of hard drugs but that doesn't stop the profits of from crime.

We have a choice to legalize, offer clean products, make the huge tax revenue and curb stomp out these weasel gangsters. 

• Cheers 2

On 5/13/2021 at 8:32 AM, bishopshodan said:

Legalise all drugs.

Take the main income away from these gangster dirt bags. 

They have many other sources of income like especially illegal guns and some gangs deal in sex trafficking also they'd just sell the drugs cheaper than the government. 

They are too intertwined to go broke now.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

They have many other sources of income like especially illegal guns and some gangs deal in sex trafficking also they'd just sell the drugs cheaper than the government. 

I said the main income is the drug trade.

There is no reason they should be able to sell drugs cheaper than a good government system. thye would also be regulated and clean so we would have way less health issues and death.

That said the prices of legal weed is stupid. Makes me feel they are in cahoots with the underground trade in some way. 

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

There is no reason they should be able to sell drugs cheaper than a good government system. thye would also be regulated and clean so we would have way less health issues and death.

That said the prices of legal weed is stupid. Makes me feel they are in cahoots with the underground trade in some way. 

Can't you order marijuana online for $6/gram from the government website? There's bulk for cheaper.

50 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Supply and demand. If you can get a product cheaper then you buy it. People that used hard drugs don't care about the repercussions health-wise.

So many dealers still deal weed at cheaper prices. I have family and friends who still buy weed not at dispensaries. You get way more at less of the cost.

Governments wouldn't be able to keep up with these dealers prices. In the end they want to make money first and foremost. They'll still have people buying but not as much as dealers since they are gonna be selling larger quantities.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Supply and demand. If you can get a product cheaper then you buy it. People that used hard drugs don't care about the repercussions health-wise.

So many dealers still deal weed at cheaper prices. I have family and friends who still buy weed not at dispensaries. You get way more at less of the cost.

Governments wouldn't be able to keep up with these dealers prices. In the end they want to make money first and foremost. They'll still have people buying but not as much as dealers since they are gonna be selling larger quantities.

There is a big difference between the cost of locally growing weed vs the smuggling of illicit drugs. The government will have a huge advantage in this scenario 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

I still don't get why drug dealers put stuff like fentynal in their stuff, why would they risk killing off their clients?  Seems like bad buisness practice

Edited by Russ

14 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think the farm gate system coming online next year wil change things drastically.  

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

I still don't get why drug dealers put stuff like fentynal in their stuff, why would they risk killing off their clients?  Seems like bad buisness practice

I don't know.

I'm sure they have their evil reasons.

As far as the bolded (gov could sell for cheaper). I don't know how it would look but like any products the drugs would be regulated, mass produced and of course taxed.

Like alc, cheapest at the gov shops, bit more at private, even more at on-premise licensees. But most importantly, I cannot buy a bottle of whiskey or case of beer from my dealer down the street that is part of an crime network. Weed isn't there yet, but it likely will. The illegal shops continue to get closed and the gov pricing, packaging and availability seems to be getting slowly more competitive to the black market.

16 hours ago, taxi said:

Can't you order marijuana online for $6/gram from the government website? There's bulk for cheaper.

That is a good price.

Is it high in thc?

I smoke as heavy as i can find and it seems to inflate the cost a lot. 

On 5/14/2021 at 4:30 PM, bishopshodan said:

Leaglization of Marijuana has shown to reduce crime. Obviously it is also growing into a massive industry. The health benefits are also more openly studied due to being legal.

The war on drugs is a failure.

I was involved in a liquor store in the DTES for 10 years. We forget how heavy a drug alcohol is, yet it is celebrated in our culture. Working in the DTES I also witnessed first had the opioid crisis. Heartbreaking. People will get their fix, legal or not and there is no stopping them. It is impossible to stop the import and/or production. The new drugs are so powerful and small. I read 10 grams of fentanyl is equal to a kilogram of synthetic herion. Carfentanil is off the charts, 10,000x more powerful than morphine.  I also often point out how less than 1% of the millions of cargo containers arriving yearly are inspected in Greater Van. 

Lots of places are going to decriminalising possession of hard drugs but that doesn't stop the profits of from crime.

We have a choice to legalize, offer clean products, make the huge tax revenue and curb stomp out these weasel gangsters. 

Society is so hypocritical in terms of what drugs are celebrated versus denigrated. Walked by a woman today with a shirt that said "Mamacita needs her Margarita". It's kind of weird that people celebrate how badly they need alcohol but talk that way about virtually any other drug and you're a skid. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Society is so hypocritical in terms of what drugs are celebrated versus denigrated. Walked by a woman today with a shirt that said "Mamacita needs her Margarita". It's kind of weird that people celebrate how badly they need alcohol but talk that way about virtually any other drug and you're a skid. 

It's arguably as harmful and addictive as any illicit drug. I listen to country music pretty regularly and alcohol references are made in almost every song. My kids point it out all the damn time. 

War on drugs is stupid.

Punishing hobbyist gun owners is stupid.

Stricter background checks, evaluations, reporting of suspect prospective or current owners should be made easier. 

A former VPD chief telling people to not go to patios if they can see a gangster is probably the dumbest &^@#ing thing. VPD is so stupid. How do you expect random citizens to go and profile a patio? One of the dumbest quotes I've ever seen. 

VPD putting in so many resources into going after cars with a modified exhaust and having stupid low IQ officers like Cain who are not trained in automotive going out and giving nonstop inspections shows how ridiculous the allocation of funds is within the police force.

Also, people who say $&!# like "libtards" and unironically "snowflake" are people you know are incapable of critical, objective thought.

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2021 at 4:37 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Cheaper in some cases doesn't matter if people are willing to pay more for quality. Cheap whisky sells but so does Macallan 25... While people look at the rock bottom and opioids much of BC's drug money is from people buying cocaine & MDMA (we're one of the largest manufacturers fyi) who can afford to and would pay for a quality product.  Legal weed was handled very poorly in BC so that would need to be sorted but even so once going has seen steady growth and eaten away at the profits of the black market.  I knew plenty of growers before and those that aren't doing it legit now are out of the game.

39 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I agree with the concerns outlined in the article below - and can't help but think: if the cops were truly wanting to out some of the gang members, why aren't they listing members of the Hell's Angels, for example?  Or other caucasians with known gang ties?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/gang-campaign-racial-profiling-1.6036816

The cops claimed for many years that systemic racism wasn't an issue in their ranks.  Actions like this goes to show that it's very much alive and thriving.

Because one group is a motorcycle club and the other an actual gang...

:bigblush:

Jokes aside...just being an HA member isn't enough and look at the shootings down there. They sure aren't related to the Hell's Angels.  Also most gang members do happen to be of that persuasion in the lower mainland. 

This quote is key here: 

The agency said all 11 men are known to police and have been connected to the current spike in violence.

Edited by Gnarcore