The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Useful 4/5 IMO. Not a bad skater at all, and good enough puck skills to play with a guy like Hughes. Though he's not creative in the offensive zone or a guy that's going to rush the puck.

Fights, which we do need IMO, and kills penalties. I think he's fine playing with Hughes next year, and/or ideally a great #5 for a guy like Rathbone/Juolevi. 

The problem with this whole "HE'S A GOOD ENOUGH 4/5" thing is the same with Myers. If you have so many of them and you're paying them more than near league min, how do you actually improve the positions of consequence? Every defenseman plays worse with Myers which is why Green played him with Fantenberg in the playoffs last season and used Stecher with Edler. 

Hughes isn't good enough for top four matchup minutes. Probably needs to be sheltered against other teams bottom sixes at this point because he is literally one of the worst players at preventing opponent offense in the league. Really, the only guy we have who should be playing against other teams' good players is Schmidt. We need two more Schmidts, and one guy who is good enough to help Hughes hold his head above water 5 on 5. 

We just saw a full season of what Myers and Hamonic playing lots of minutes looks like, and it wasn't very good at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I can’t do it. I don’t know what I’ve been doing on here after losses. Haha guess I’ve been bored 

I'm stuck with it. I live in Seattle and don't have CBC as part of my TV package anymore, and, haven't bought a Canucks season TV package from NHL TV or whatever it's called for 2 years. You aren't missing anything by not listening to SN650. I'm having a hard time remembering why there were so many people at this board who complained about TSN 1040 when they held the rights. Those guys were broadcast HoF'rs compared to SN650.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fakename70 said:

I'm stuck with it. I live in Seattle and don't have CBC as part of my TV package anymore, and, haven't bought a Canucks season TV package from NHL TV or whatever it's called for 2 years. You aren't missing anything by not listening to SN650. I'm having a hard time remembering why there were so many people at this board who complained about TSN 1040 when they held the rights. Those guys were broadcast HoF'rs compared to SN650.

You excited for the Kraken? What’s that gonna be like as a Canucks fan 

2 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Sleepless in Seattle was the worst movie ever and nirvana was a bunch of antifa hippies. 

• RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, xereau said:

On a positive note, I finished finished (last edit sesh) on my 1st ever novel today.

Feels weird, but good. I am going to shop it (again) to publishers, before I self publish. Not holding my breath.

402k words, 1194 pages size 12 times new roman double spaced.. heh. And it's only one of 3 which are in the works.

2nd is a little larger at like 1204 pages. 3rd is a tiny bit smaller at like 1090 pages.

It's a sci-fi adventure series, based 700 years from today, after a celestial cataclysm. A family of junk collectors (Scrappers) are part of a very controlled society (think Handmaiden's Tale x 1984), and they find a secret which those in control believed to be buried forever. They set off across North America which is mired in the depths of an ice age, and they spark revolutions across the land as they try to find a veritable treasure island of sorts.

test1.thumb.png.d40fda3355a8e017e9468757b21e98d8.png

Revolutions isn't written, but I have like 40 pages of notes on it. Generations and Origins are like 98% done (need 2 edit sessions probably each).

If there's anything good which has come from covid and being tucked away like a hermit, it's that I've learned to write.

Wow a big congrats. You should be very proud. Good for you! Glad to hear people are making use of these times 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Useful 4/5 IMO. Not a bad skater at all, and good enough puck skills to play with a guy like Hughes. Though he's not creative in the offensive zone or a guy that's going to rush the puck.

Fights, which we do need IMO, and kills penalties. I think he's fine playing with Hughes next year, and/or ideally a great #5 for a guy like Rathbone/Juolevi. 

he is #1 in the league inn PPGA/60 for all players who have played 30 or more minutes of PK. Hamonic has played 59 minutes.

just lucky?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1