The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 15, 12:30 p.m. l SNP | PLAYOFFS EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Highmore is good for a 13th player. The rest can go. I'd keep Graovac and Hawryluk as minor league call ups.

i think graovac would be a fine AHL veteran signing, but not my first choice for 13th forward. if Ryley Sheahan is not resigned by Buffalo he would likely be signed as a depth forward by most teams. I would overpay to land him which is really like 900K.

51 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

We have 6-7 forwards who don’t need to be playing NHL hockey.   Hahaha

We really do have at least 2 years before we have any chance at contention.  

Can we actually do a full quality rebuild on our bottom 6 in one off season?   

Imo, guys need to pushed out of the top 6, subsequently crushing old &^@#s and clowns out of the picture.

In an ideal world, Pearson and Hogs would be in the bottom six next year..

• Cheers 1

The bottom 6 needs a lot of work. Motte is great but honestly the injuries especially concussion stuff are starting to become a real concern.

I like Graovac's game tbh. As a 13th guy, extra center I think he is ok. Highmore on the 4th line lw is good with me. He hustles and tries hard and although I dont think he should be in the top 6 as a 4th liner we could do worse. MacEwan I like. Maybe Gadjovich can earn a spot in the bottom 6 too.

The real need is quality 3rd and 4th line centers imo. And a bit more overall offensive ability in there. Its currently no threat to ever help out offensively.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Imo, guys need to pushed out of the top 6, subsequently crushing old &^@#s and clowns out of the picture.

If Pearson is replaced in the top 6 by a better offensive player and can help a 3rd line be much improved its a win for the team. Hogs I think is a good fit in the top 6 though.

They really need to decide what they want Horvat to be. If its as a shutdown guy have him center a 3rd line with Pearson and build a 2nd line that is actually able to provide offense consistently.

I think though Horvat with Hoglander and Podz as an example, free to play less of a matchup role with a quality shutdown 3rd line taking that on it would free up Bo to give us 2 consistent top 6 scoring lines. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

I agree, but I think we both know it won’t happen.  

We don’t have anyone better, and no room to add.   
Not a single player in the OP bottom 6 that I would keep next year.   
They suck. 

Edited by drummerboy
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The kids score a few goals but we take the L is regulation. We can win once more and i'd prefer it's the final cowgary game

And the Edmonton Lottos are just the team to help our team out!

I really hope we can improve our bottom 6 next year and pot some goals, significantly. I would be pretty upset if we didn't make a serious shakeup.

Maybe I'm wrong, and it's all a series of unfortunate events and possibly has a lot to do with our gameplan.

Jim may get a pass this year, but if our bottom 6 scoring doesn't improve substantially, I'm not going to be defending him.

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

I really hope we can our bottom 6 next year can pot some goals, significantly. I would be pretty upset if we didn't make a serious shakeup.

Maybe I'm wrong, and it's all a series of unfortunate events and possibly has a lot to do with our gameplan.

Jim may get a pass this year, but if our bottom 6 scoring doesn't improve substantially, I'm not going to be defending him.

I just had a quick chat with Jim, he's not concerned

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

We have 6-7 forwards who don’t need to be playing NHL hockey.   Hahaha

We really do have at least 2 years before we have any chance at contention.  

Can we actually do a full quality rebuild on our bottom 6 in one off season?   

1 for each year on the job?

3 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I just had a quick chat with Jim, he's not concerned

I'm not so egotistical to think that I @petey_BOI is some super influencer. 

if the team doesn't improve Jims going to need all the support he can get.

Mob Rule is a thing

Win or lost, I really not care much, but play hard with heart.

Would like to sit Vesey, Boyd, JT, Edler, Michaelis, Pearson, and play more young players liked Olli, Lind etc.

Let them to gain more NHL experience.

This might increase the lost opportunity nut benefit Canucks future.

Also, I do not like to tank, but I agree this should help us to be in a better place of lottery.

Heard from a friend that there’s rumblings that Benning could get fired. I’d be kinda sad if that happened. He’s replenished our prospect pool and into one of the best in the league. But at the same time, we could use a change. His free agent signings have been questionable. Either way, changes have to be made after this disastrous season

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's too bad we won't see Lind, Gadjovich or Lockwood for this one. But we get to see McDavid... yay.

Probably not either.  The standings are set and teams have typically been resting their best players.  Boston even had 16 players scratched for their season final.