The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 18, 2021 | 1 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

I have a feeling the team's had a few discussions lately about what they have to do moving forward.

"Fun to play against" being the theme.  They seem to be losing a bit of that politeness and I love it.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Roberts said:

remember when there weren't coach's challenges? 

Yep back in the good 'ol days when there was a center line, no TV time outs, no goalie mask, player/fan fights and backchecking all the way up the ice in players arms and wrist and no protective fan netting behind the nets, races down the ice to avoid icing calls - resulting in wild crashes in the boards, wicked full speed boarding.  Those were the days  ......!  That was what you called hockey.   Now the game has been homogenized and sanitized into Euro-style entertainment.  Not at all what the game used to be when we called it "hockey" and it meant something.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree completely! Great post! All the adversity of this year will pay dividends next season. Plus the maturity factor combined with added experience.

This year is an anomaly and we're going to be stronger as a result. Next year we'll likely see the start of all this all coming together. 

which is why I'd let the management group have another season.

I hate when GMs build teams - and then are jettisoned - to watch someone else come in and coast on their build.

Ron Francis

Dale Tallon

etc

GMs that have drafted and assembled solid cores - to have an uppity millenial market get impatient just as it's coming together.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, tas said:

if I was sportsnet I wouldn't pay the johns to call these meaningless games either.  why bother?

Because it’s a Vancouver home game, it’s our rink! We’ll hear the Calgary duo again tomorrow? 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Should've dressed Gadjovich for this game...won't be the last time the fisticuffs come out. The teams look frustrated with their season and looking to take it out on each other.

No because he got a whopping 4 minutes last game and assessing vessy is more important during these critical meaningless games.  
:picard:

• RoughGame 1