The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on donnie and dhali

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Its excessive according to you. To the people doing it, its obviously not something they consider excessive.

Unfortunately for you, both of you have the exact same right to detetmine what is considered excessive. As long as they arent breaking laws its not your place or mine or anyone else's to tell them how its being done is outside the lines.

Not just me...a majority of people, just not immature / ignorant people like you & them!! It's called common sense, morals and values! And, if it goes too far, illegal. It NOT YOUR RIGHT to do whatever you please in life contrary to what you think. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, IRR said:

Not just me...a majority of people, just not immature / ignorant people like you & them!! It's called common sense, morals and values! And, if it goes too far, illegal. It NOT YOUR RIGHT to do whatever you please in life contrary to what you think. 

Lets see your scientific evidence that a majority of people think flying a banner to protest a public figure is some heinous crime.

So if people dont have the right to criticize people any way you want and must maintain the moral high ground, why are you able to call me ignorant? What if my daughter reads that?

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Actually, as long as he isn’t breaking any laws himself he can express his opinion on the matter until the cows come home. 

Thats my point. People can express their opinions. That doesnt mean other people have to or even should listen though. That's the beauty of free speech.

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Lets see your scientific evidence that a majority of people think flying a banner to protest a public figure is some heinous crime.

So if people dont have the right to criticize people any way you want and must maintain the moral high ground, why are you able to call me ignorant? What if my daughter reads that?

You are as daft as they come!! Just look at peoples response to it! Most people were opposed to it and thought it was immature / excessive. You're called ignorant if you're acting ignorant, which you have been. Good, then she'll learn not to act ignorant. Perfect! 

Edited by IRR

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the Sedins are fine financially I'm sure :lol:

GMs can't control what social media does. If a GM puts out an honest statement its not their fault if some weirdo's go crazy with it. 

Here we think completely opposit.

A GM is in a position of power. 

To use his words in the way he did is an abuse of power and the honesty or truth has nothing to do with it. 

Benning lies as anybody else. 

If you believe Benning doesn't lie you have even bluer eyes than me... 

• RoughGame 3

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Same question for you @combover:  Do you (as a fan) not want your team to draft top ten, several times, during its rebuilding phase?  Isn’t the draft where our young core group comes from?  

Yeah I wanted the team to start rebuilding 7 years ago we should have been top 5 top ten in picks however 

we shouldn’t be drafting top ten 7 years later.

first 5 seasons it was expected. 
except Jim  and company wanted a playoff spot to be clear not a cup but a playoff spot. That alone was stupid.what he did when he came it set this club back. 

So instead of actually being competitive now we’re still rebuilding drafting top ten and have zero depth at any position so thats a crappy manger on any team. 

If Jim was in charge of the flames for 7 years and did what he’s done here nobody here would be praising him. Laughing at him yes but not praising him. 

Now Let me ask you

if jbs contract was up at season end do honestly think he would have been resigned?

Edited by combover

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

I can see a team with five good D trading one away (who they cannot protect) for a younger D, who they can protect.  The guy traded away is established, and the young guy coming in would be a good prospect.  So if this was to happen we would be trading away a guy like Woo for a D who needs protecting and is a clear improvement over a guy like OJ.  I just don’t see us doing that kind of deal.  We already have Hughes, Bone, Myers, and Schmidt.  

Bones & Hughes are exempt.

Somewhat logically we currently would protect Schmidt, Juolevi & Myers.

I don't believe it is a stretch to suggest we would expose one if we could trade for, say Jake Bean? A young very promising D who Carolina would prefer not to lose. But also has 4 other currently better D on their roster. One, Hamilton, whom they may not prefer to expose to UFA to save Bean. One, Skjei, who they already may expose to save a fwd. Might like, such as us with, say, Myer, prefer that they pick Skjei to save salary. But Seattle would undoubtedly tap Bean.

Nashville do not similarly want to give up Ekholm, or a forward like Tolvanen, to save Fabbro. There are teams that may trade? 

And if we dont get our young D? Maybe a Tolvanen becomes available??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Using the possibilty someone may be lying in a published report; to make your point?

Is just adding conjecture to recorded statements, in support of hyperbole to unsubstantiated reports.

example ; Hughes reported he was not on a drip >> must be a lie!

example ; Schmidt was never quoted as wanting a trade >>  must be true!

example ; Benning says Schmidt never asked for a trade in exit interviews >> Must be covering his ass! 

Your argument just points to unabated hatred.  

Not at all. Because I am not making any judgment on what the truth is. I am making a point that players and management mislead and lie in the media too.

I know its easier to believe that they are always 100% honest but its just not accurate.

• RoughGame 2

8 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah I wanted the team to start rebuilding 7 years ago we should have been top 5 top ten in picks however 

we shouldn’t be drafting top ten 7 years later.

first 5 seasons it was expected. 
except Jim  and company wanted a playoff spot to be clear not a cup but a playoff spot. That alone was stupid.what he did when he came it set this club back. 

So instead of actually being competitive now we’re still rebuilding drafting top ten and have zero depth at any position so thats a crappy manger on any team. 

If Jim was in charge of the flames for 7 years and did what he’s done here nobody here would be praising him. Laughing at him yes but not praising him. 

No depth at any position?  What?

Demko and Dipietro are two excellent young goalies.

Hughes and Bone are two excellent young D.

Petey and Bo (Bo was here already, of course)

Miller, Besser, Hogs, Pods, Pearson, and several prospects pushing for opportunity.

Benning has build a lot of depth, and it’s improving each year.  Or you don’t like our players, which (of course) is your prerogative.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No depth at any position?  What?

Demko and Dipietro are two excellent young goalies.

Hughes and Bone are two excellent young D.

Petey and Bo (Bo was here already, of course)

Miller, Besser, Hogs, Pods, Pearson, and several prospects pushing for opportunity.

Benning has build a lot of depth, and it’s improving each year.  Or you don’t like our players, which (of course) is your prerogative.  

So we can make trades from a position of strength ? Who who can we afford to trade to improve the team. 

7 years of drafting we shouldn’t be scouring the garbage can for vessey Boyd  Highmore ect. No different than when we had to 6 years ago with Gagne chapoo megna. 

we have guys filling the roster we don’t have depth. 

We can trade anymore maddens for zeros  since we’ve used up those trade to get nothing already. 

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Give a flying break...now Benning isn’t qualified to be a hockey GM because he doesn’t speak well enough with the flying press...holy moly...get a life. 

If there is no prez public speaking is critical.

Can a poor public speaker make great trades? Absolutely but if there's no prez someone has to kiss babies.

Is it a fireable? No just hire a prez but Benning sucks for pr. And yes, in 2021 pr is critical.