The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Karel Plasek

22 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What you think is a complaint is actually just an observation.  But because this observation is not pro-Canucks or demonstrates fawning over the work of management, you take it to be something negative in your imagination.  Reading is hard, I know.

[you could use some help]

It’s the nature of your observations on management which become repetitive complaints.

So, your complaints aggravate the general public.

Just helping bud. Just helping you get through this. We can get through it together.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Yeah sure, but they came 12th in the league in win percentage, didn't make the playoffs, and are losing potentially most of their top-6 - so it's good they have some cavalry coming in Plasek

Was there even playoffs in their division this year? I thought they were cancelled.

Regardless, I will agree that they may lose much of their best players, so getting more is good news.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

We're not talking about Gaudette and you didn't answer my question. Saying someone nailed the draft is not pushing a false narrative. It's stating an opinion that someone thinks that draft went well. Most certainly not worth a full post and gif. Hense why I was curious if this is like, a thing you enjoy doing on the Internet. If it is, that's fine. It's not my thing, I find it irritating. But like I said, in just genuinely curious if it's just a internet thing, or you're actually like this?

My apologies.  I get quoted and reacted like no tomorrow and I lose track of things to respond to.

Look, I'm just a Canucks fan who likes to talk hockey.  I have a specific posting delivery that's unique to me.  Many posters do.

I'm genuine when I say I want to help people.

[the thing you're up in arms about goes here]

• RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

6th round pick that got a contract, and is thought to be similar to Jasek who's flourishing in the North American game?

It's difficult to see you cheering for this team, based on your attitude. Which team do you actually watch, because it's certainly not the Canucks.

I'm glad i'm not alone in my assessment of AV and a few others on here. Thread after thread after thread of the same stuff, yet some continue to defend it / call out those who are pointing it out. Their agenda couldn't be any more oblivious!! Always appreciate your posts! 

Edited by IRR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see numerous picks from the 2019 class getting signed. Podz was 1st, the obvious one. Now Plasek. I see him fitting into our bottom 6 in the future depending on how his development goes in Abby this upcoming season. He could be like another Motte and it’s never a bad thing to have a lot of. Hope he has a good 1st pro year

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

It’s the nature of your observations on management which become repetitive complaints.

So, your observations become repetitive complaints to no end which just aggravâtes the general public.

Just helping bud. Just helping you get through this. We can get through it together.

I haven't said anything about management in this thread.

[la la la]

16 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I haven't said anything about management in this thread.

[la la la]

But in almost every other thread, you have.

So there then, does the story unfold, as a monominded fellow with no other subject matter credible enough to have a legitimate conversation about.

And so we laugh. We laugh at you.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Me_ said:

But in almost every other thread, you have.

So there then, does the story unfold, if a monominded fellow with no other subject matter credible enough to have a legitimate conversation about.

Ok.  Thanks for the feedback.

Now, do you have anything to say about Karel Plasek?

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Ok.  Thanks for the feedback.

Now, do you have anything to say about Karel Plasek?

Yeah can’t wait for him to not make the team because Benning will be drafting 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders who will have much more skills to make the team.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

2019 draft pick in the 6th round. Benning and his European scouts have hit it out of the park again. Thought to have high hockey IQ and good skating. Czech player who represented his country, and even was voted MVP in one game of a tournament.

neat. So what are we really expecting here as a ceiling... Motte? (which would make me happy)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Saying someone nailed the draft is not pushing a false narrative.

Some believe Benning is overrated when it comes to drafting, so to them, it can be seen as pushing a false narrative if you're claiming that a 6th round pick that hasn't even played a game in the AHL let alone NHL is a home run.

I think if you made a poll on any neutral hockey site, it would be pretty lopsided as to how many people think this is currently a homerun draft pick vs how many who don't.

Edited by kanucks25

9 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Some believe Benning is overrated when it comes to drafting, so to them, it can be seen as pushing a false narrative if you're claiming that a 6th round pick that hasn't even played a game in the AHL let alone NHL is a home run.

I think if you made a poll on any neutral hockey site, it would be pretty lopsided as to how many people think this is currently a homerun draft pick vs how many who don't.

Sure, and power to those people. I think he is above average, but overrated if he is perceived as a drafting god. I just do not see the need for a full post, gif included, to criticize the choice of wording used by a poster. It's negativity for the sake of negativity the leads to no interesting hockey talk. By being an ass about your opinion you end up being discredited. That makes for an extremely boring hockey forum. Hense why I I asked my question in the first place. Is being the villian, the unnecessarily negative person a bit? Because it's hard for me to believe someone could live their day to day life being so negative all the time. I feel like it would be really difficult.

• Cheers 1