The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

15 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well, with a smaller talent pool wouldn’t the talent be better so Vancouver and Buffalo actually had the advantage. 

Here is a link to their roster from the first season, sorry, but not that impressive on paper. Vegas wasn’t gifted, they came together as a team.

https://thehockeywriters.com/golden-knights-inaugural-roster-where-are-they-now/

Irregardless, just more excuses for our failures, loser complain, winners win.

I have  no idea how you reach the conclusion that a smaller talent pool to select from would give Vancouver/Buffalo an advantage. 

Anyway don’t just look at the players selected. Don’t forget the haul of draft picks they got for not selecting better players. And in case you’re going to say it, I already acknowledged that McPhee and McCrimmon did a terrific job acquiring those assets. Nevertheless it was the massive selection of good players to choose from that made it possible.

CD850ECE-8D18-4CC8-B1CC-118E9B3A1EBB.jpeg

17 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I have  no idea how you reach the conclusion that a smaller talent pool to select from would give Vancouver/Buffalo an advantage. 

Anyway don’t just look at the players selected. Don’t forget the haul of draft picks they got for not selecting better players. And in case you’re going to say it, I already acknowledged that McPhee and McCrimmon did a terrific job acquiring those assets. Nevertheless it was the massive selection of good players to choose from that made it possible.

CD850ECE-8D18-4CC8-B1CC-118E9B3A1EBB.jpeg

If that’s why you choose to hate them fine, doesn’t change the fact we’re 50 years in with no cup, I’m sure most the hatred for Vegas is pure jealousy. 

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'm not sure what to make of Seattle, I think GM's will be a bit more wary this time. But yeah, they'll start with a solid team too, and I'll probably hate them just as much. 

So you pay millions for an NHL team, big whoop. Shouldn't result in favourable expansion rules, I agree they should have had to suffer and grind like the others. 

I don't expect to see Canada win for a long time, if ever, during my lifespan. Montreal needed to go up 3-1, it just seems like the league wants Vegas vs Tampa. 

I think part of it is that they want teams to stick. Give them a competitive team to start with and you get new franchise excitement, make a number of lifelong fans that will see them through the inevitable dark times.

you start with the dark times it can take years to get even semi competitive, at which point owners could be losing cash and looking to move the team on.

it makes sense, and most other expansions should have been done that way rather then being protected screw you to the new teams 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just checking in: Are we still on the "Bettman hates Canada" and "The refs are trying to help Vegas win" tropes?

Seemed to be a lot of that last night, but I'm wondering if cooler heads have prevailed....:unsure:

Seriously who cares really now.  Canada was happy when the Loser Leafs went out.  :gocan:

• Haha 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Nah,

Even Toronto was happy they were knocked out!

893cb390-c8b3-11eb-b6c7-a72b2cca32ed.jpg.62cc2318c6b8e67a6b6ccab7a0ebeb89.jpg

See, I saw that as the city being good sports about the whole thing....but I suppose it makes sense that they don't suffer from the giant inferiority complex that some of us here out west do.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously who cares really now.  Canada was happy when the Loser Leafs went out.  :gocan:

there are players I like and players I hate on both teams. If you have no stake in it, I don't know how a person can't be happy for Lehner. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there are players I like and players I hate on both teams. If you have no stake in it, I don't know how a person can't be happy for Lehner. 

Only two Vegas players I like are their goalies.

Both gems. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

For me it’s all about the fans.  The more fans a team has to celebrate winning the more I hope their team loses.  So in this series that’s clearly the Habs.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

:lol:

good one

TBH, it wasn't meant as a joke...

The amount of whinging that has gone around about Toronto being "the center of the universe" from Canuck fans has been as embarrassing to me (as a Canuck fan myself) as the two riots....

...and I had no hand in either....

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Same.

Theodore, Stone, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, McNabb....in fact, the only player I really dislike is Reaves....(although Marchessault and Patches have their moments)

But OTOH, Montreal has Gallagher and Perry.....

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, it wasn't meant as a joke...

The amount of whinging that has gone around about Toronto being "the center of the universe" from Canuck fans has been as embarrassing to me (as a Canuck fan myself) as the two riots....

...and I had no hand in either....

I know it wasn't

I tune most whingers out. I've spent enough time in T.O and lived in Van for ages. Good and bad folk like anywhere else.

The Center of the Universe stuff comes alot from the media too, and the early games that cater to the Eastern viewership. That gets on peoples nerves i think

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1