The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zach Hyman

I really hope benning makes a push for Hyman. I think just adding him would make us contenders. We haven’t had a heart and soul player since burrows and I think Hyman is the guy. He will make all this young talent so much better. His passion and work ethic would rub off on this team. We have tons of skill, but lack killer instinct, even when we had toffoli and the other guys we lost, it showed in the Vegas series. Hyman is perfect for this team, and I hope benning is considering him. But given the stupid things he’s done I doubt it’s e en crossed his mind. I wanna start a petition to sign Hyman to get his attention lol. We could get him for 5 or 6 million a year. Hopefully he can do what he said and clear some cap space through buyouts or trades or whatever. With podkolzin coming in and Hoglander improving on his good start, I think adding Hyman makes us contenders. Especially with the season that demko is about to have next year. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for zach Hyman! What do u guys think?

• RoughGame 4

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He’s going to be looking for his first big payday meaning he’ll be overpaid with term.

Not a good idea to overpay for a player like him IMO.

Yeah, he seems to had been playing very focus for that carrot (like JM was) - I agree pass on him too cause he will be looking for term...

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He’s going to be looking for his first big payday meaning he’ll be overpaid with term.

Not a good idea to overpay for a player like him IMO.

Agreed. He’s not overly skilled, but is effective because he’s got willpower and a motor that won’t quit. But age will kill that motor, and a big contract might even kill some of that willpower. 

The OP has two posts and one of them was created to justify why we should sign Hyman lol. Someone should go check all of the other team message board threads (there are not many nowadays) and see if he is posting there too stating why Hyman would be great on the Sabres, Sens or Lames lol.  

51 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

The OP has two posts and one of them was created to justify why we should sign Hyman lol. Someone should go check all of the other team message board threads (there are not many nowadays) and see if he is posting there too stating why Hyman would be great on the Sabres, Sens or Lames lol.  

The logical fit is Detroit.:bigblush:

Yeah i really the player and think he would be a good fit for us. 

Rumor's are that he is after 5.5M X 5 at least and at 29 years old already and with a lot of injuries he likely declines fast. We are probably better spending elsewhere. 

12 hours ago, Jd83 said:

I really hope benning makes a push for Hyman. I think just adding him would make us contenders. We haven’t had a heart and soul player since burrows and I think Hyman is the guy. He will make all this young talent so much better. His passion and work ethic would rub off on this team. We have tons of skill, but lack killer instinct, even when we had toffoli and the other guys we lost, it showed in the Vegas series. Hyman is perfect for this team, and I hope benning is considering him. But given the stupid things he’s done I doubt it’s e en crossed his mind. I wanna start a petition to sign Hyman to get his attention lol. We could get him for 5 or 6 million a year. Hopefully he can do what he said and clear some cap space through buyouts or trades or whatever. With podkolzin coming in and Hoglander improving on his good start, I think adding Hyman makes us contenders. Especially with the season that demko is about to have next year. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for zach Hyman! What do u guys think?

Hyman is damaged goods.  Edler broke him.  

• Vintage 1