The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Stars re-sign Miro Heiskanen

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Heiskanen is better than Hughes I think. This feels like a fair deal to me, assuming it's just a bit over $8M per year.

I guess the bar is set for Hughes. 

No more than 8M per long term and perhaps 6M short term bridge contracts. Given our cap situation, I think both he and Petey be best signed on short term bridge. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, J-P said:

MH is a far superior player vs QH at this point and probably always will be a more complete player.

Maybe it will look different in a few years, but right now QH should be nowhere near those numbers IMO. 

A bridge deal around 5 mil would be my guess.

If Quinn was willing to do 7 mil x 8 I'd take that risk. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I guess the bar is set for Hughes. 

No more than 8M per long term and perhaps 6M short term bridge contracts. Given our cap situation, I think both he and Petey be best signed on short term bridge. 

I hope we Don't go that route, we don't need these guys to succeed during bridge deals to then both compare Double Digit cap hits each after the cap rises. Sign both guys long term is the best route for the team in my opinion. You then can deal with other key pending UFA's in 2 years time and key RFA's as well and know where your elite F and elite D stand cap hit wise and can then decide where to spend the extra $$$ on resigning players or going after some bigger name FA's down the line

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If Quinn was willing to do 7 mil x 8 I'd take that risk. 

I still think the Canuck GM offers him a Chabot type contract, but I am hoping it is something like 7.5-7.75m on a 7-8 yr deal myself. EP should be signing a long term deal too, I hope anyway. Lock these core guys up now during a flat cap!

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Heiskanen's two way game makes me think that deal will soon look like a bargain.

Still think the ultimate comparative contract will be with Cale Makar. Simply because Heiskanen himself is a total different breed of a defensemen who can play all situations and could very well project to play a role like Pietrangelo, Hedman, Bouwmeester kind of game.

Dahlin in Buffalo would perhaps be a good comp to MH - talent wise ?