The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Rangers to trade for Giordano after ED

RWJC

33 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Why are you certain of that?

Purely a gut feeling, I could just as easily be totally out to lunch. Given the Vegas experience with the expansion draft and based on the fact the Karken selected 12 defensmen I believe there is an opportunity for the Canucks to do a deal with Seattle. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

Of the dozen defensemen who the Kraken just drafted I think these are right-handed. Borgen, Larsson and Cale Fluery. And I can't see Seattle will keep more than eight.

Nothing worthy of much of an asset to give up, no way they trade Larsson after just signing him. That wouldn't look good on the franchise, Canucks might be in on David Savard more now if they can figure out a deal that doesn't hamper us long term and fit it into our cap. Time to put pen to paper with deals on Hughes and EP so we can see what kind of cap room we have or need to free up BEFORE FA starts so we can try to fill other roster holes

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Nothing worthy of much of an asset to give up, no way they trade Larsson after just signing him. That wouldn't look good on the franchise, Canucks might be in on David Savard more now if they can figure out a deal that doesn't hamper us long term and fit it into our cap. Time to put pen to paper with deals on Hughes and EP so we can see what kind of cap room we have or need to free up BEFORE FA starts so we can try to fill other roster holes

I’d definitely check price on lauzon 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, YEGCanuck said:

I am almost certain the Canucks will do a deal with the Kraken to sign one of the defensemen Seattle selects via the expansion draft.

Although it’s unlikely, I’m wondering if a Larsson for Schmidt deal of sorts could happen? (Although I doubt it since the Kraken signed Larsson to such a great deal).

• Cheers 1

Just now, Patel Bure said:

Although it’s unlikely, I’m wondering if a Larsson for Schmidt deal of sorts could happen? (Although I doubt it since the Kraken signed Larsson to such a great deal).

Schmidt is the better player.

They need guys that can move the puck. Could happen but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I hear you brother, but because Larsson is tight with the Sedins and the fact Kraken signed Larsson to a Canuck-friendly deal makes me think there may be something there.

• Cheers 3