The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

On 3/12/2022 at 8:40 AM, Phat Fingers said:

I find this a bit perplexing, that something was wrong with the farm system after the improvements made by MG and further made by JB.  

what you are omitting and making it a somewhat disingenuous argument is that our entire system was depleted.  

top to bottom, right to left, left to right.  The only asset was a bunch of older players and Horvat.  

MG had mortgaged the future and we were a depleted run down asset.  

Now had we not had glaring holes in or NHL roster, that were filled in by Horvat, Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, Hoglander and Podz amongst others, we would be in real trouble.  

JB missed most of his defensive picks prior to Hughes, by either lack of a clear path for development or poor early pro scouting which allowed good players to be dealt away and bad players to be kept.  

The steady and deeper round picks are coming up, this year thru the expansion draft we lost Kole Lind and thru assets management Gads.  

Rutherford wants Rathbone to play minutes, Woo has been injured and Klimovich must be very worried about what’s going on at home.  

If Hogs and Podz were with Abbey, it would be a bit more representive of the depth available to the farm system.  

but with futures like Utunnen, Karlsson and others in Europe, we have players who are close to coming into the system and like JB, Rutherford and Alvin are persuading NCAA players to sign.  

Added to that, both Abbey and Vancouver are in the mix and even though Abbey has a large AHL Pro contingent, we are a damn sight removed away from the Chicago Wolves disaster of player development.  

Phats.  

I don't know what to say, seldom do I see someone with that much insight into the obvious state of the franchise that so many miss for whatever reason, personally if I would have been JB and offered the Vancouver cunuck GM job, I would have said "F off!" NO! 

As you pointed out, it's been sell the farm for a no depth roster and folks wonder why we have no cup... 

However it seems to me that management wants to actually build a team with depth, personally I'll believe it when I see and not before. 

So pretty sceptical here but that's only the first step, if we don't get bigger physically as a team then (as usual) we won't get far. 

We all know hockey is a different game in the playoffs where teams will do pretty much anything to win and if it means musculing us out of the rink, again (as usual) same result.

Anyway good observation s sir! Glad there's people paying attention to the big picture. 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I remember when Boeser used to shoot like that. I think we have our Boeser replacement. Klima is gonna look amazing on Petey’s wing. 

Now wouldn't that be something...

Klim - Petey - Podz 

If Klim and Podz continues their progress, then in about 3 years, they could cause major havoc as a line with Petey... Drool

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Why did we pick Klimovich over Raty again? 

Raty is a mid-late 2nd so multiple teams pass him up. Canes had three 2nds and pass on him each one, Sens/Yotes/Stars had two 2nds and passed on him each one. He looks like he'll be a steal.

However it's pretty hard to tell how Klimovich will pan out considering this is the draft +1.

Regardless of how Raty pans out if Klimovich does as pan out will come out as a winners(probably not as big of winners as Islanders) in the 2nd compared to the majority of teams who fail at finding someone. So all we can hope for is winning a secondary prize in the 2nd in a lottery sense. If Islanders win lotto max of the 2nd give me that maxmillon 1 million prize secondary winning instead of the "please try again"

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

man I hope that continues as he makes his way to the big club. Seney won't be trying that knee hit anymore. 

I love how he gets his attention with that little stick tap :lol:

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

man I hope that continues as he makes his way to the big club. Seney won't be trying that knee hit anymore. 

I like the kids response. A year in the minors, a good playoff run in the minors, a regular next season for the Canucks.

• Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

&^@# yeah. Worth the 2 mins every time. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Vintage 3

4 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Can’t say this enough I love this kid he’s the right type of people an awesome job his parents did big thanks to them.

And we need to thank his grandparents while we're at it.........not to mention his many aunts & uncles!!

Thank You Meme - VoBssHe is from Kazakhstan too........right?B)

Edited by Captain Canuck #12

On 4/3/2022 at 12:30 AM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And we need to thank his grandparents while we're at it.........not to mention his many aunts & uncles!!

Thank You Meme - VoBssHe is from Kazakhstan too........right?B)

No, he is not…