The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

14 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Interesting news: unlike Podkolzin who is waiting for Canadian work visa, Klimovich has already obtained it in 2020 to play for the Huskies team in Quebec. He may move to NA whenever his duty with the national team is over.

The final roster for Belarusian national team to play in Bratislava will be announced tomorrow.

How is it that Podkolzin's work visa would take so long, but not Klimovich's? Weird.

Stierlitz answered it. TY.

Edited by Dazzle

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

How is it that Podkolzin's work visa would take so long, but not Klimovich's? Weird.

As I said earlier, Klimovich got his visa in 2020 after the CHL import draft. And he tried to get to Quebec in Feb 2021 but his entry was denied due to the covid restrictions.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

As I said earlier, Klimovich got his visa in 2020 after the CHL import draft. And he tried to get to Quebec in Feb 2021 but his entry was denied due to the covid restrictions.

Sorry about that, I missed it. Thanks for the refresher.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It's just refreshing to have a prospect that you have complete control over development wise. 

It's rare that you can do that with a player with so many leagues protecting their young talent these days, so kudos to our drafting team to see an opportunity to really create good foundation for this young man. I think the time and effort will be worth it. It's probably why they took a reach on him in the 2nd round. He has some absolutely tantalizing skills, but is very rough and now we have a good 2-3 years to polish it up so he can be an absolute monster.

It all can very easily fall flat, but with the way the draft was this year I thought it was one of those years where you swing for the fences and take gambles anyways.

Indeed, it's almost like Steve Austin. Wonder if ownership is flush & frivolous enough that they'll sink 6,000,000$ into this project?

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup.  Steve Austin got to hang out with the Bionic Women.  Pretty cool.  

She was fine. Loved her in The Paper Chase. I wondered what happened to her and was actually glad to see her reappear in those, what, car commercials? I forget, I wasn't watching the product. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

As I said earlier, Klimovich got his L import draft. And he tried to get to Quebec in Feb 2021 but his entry was denied due to the covid restrictions.

Plus, Podz is coming over with his new wife, who also needs a Visa, and as well Podz needs a US Athletes multiple entry visa, so will take some time to organize.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Belarus lost 1-0. Shots 46-19 but they could not score. This happens...

Better for Klim, and us as Canuck fans, that he’s not on that team, and is coming over sooner.  

The Q is playing exhibition games already.  Would Klim be allowed to play for his Q team now, then go to Canuck’s camp?