The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Conor Garland

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, the whole deal hinges on OEL regaining his form or close to it - still overpaid.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch. We have a vastly improved lineup, and it's not like OEL needs to be carrying this team, only that he can carry his load. He should be fine.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

OEL + Garland contract = $12M

Louii, Beagle and Rousell = $12M

Yeah, 2 non-roster players + injured 4C that may not come back for a top 3D and top 6F.

The trade was a huge win. If OEL recovers to being a #1D, we may have a team that can contend for the cup.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He's gonna be a fan favorite with that contract and the way he plays.

It’s funny how that works. I look at a guy like Myers. I think he’s pretty good. Others disagree but if he was making 4 million he would probably be a fan favourite lol

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Utilizing that cap for a top pair D and top 6 forward instead of bottom 6 or pressbox = priceless

I'd hold off on calling him a top pair D until he performs like one, because he hasn't for a few years now.

FWIW, I'm optimistic that he'll have a bounce back season. Just don't know how far he's going to bounce.

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

18 year old Sam Bennet who's only 18 years old got a 4 year contract worth 4.25 mill per year because he played good for 15 games. Just sayin'

Yeah but Bennet plays a pretty heavy game. Gritty and can fight really well. Bennet's also played 6 full NHL seasons, you basically know what you are getting even if he doesn't score. If he adds scoring to those attributes, 4.25mil is well worth it.

Garland on the other hand, 5'10, if he doesn't score...