The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Justin Bailey

I'm glad to see Bailey brought back.  Perfect depth RW.  He showed well in that role prior to his injury so there's reasonable confidence that he can play on the 4th line if needed, but he also shown a scoring touch that adds some versatility if absolutely needed.  He's also a really great skater.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic signing, he's good depth and a good way to start out Abbotsford's top six. Could be something at the NHL level, but if not, he'll benefit our prospects. Size, speed, skill, works hard, can't ask for much more from a depth guy. 

Playing in Abbotsford at the AHL level probably appealed to him. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm a big fan of players who are 6'4" 215 lbs. who can fly on the ice and are on one-year/two-way deals.  Very happy that the Canucks re-signed Justin Bailey...hopefully he's fully recovered from his knee (?) injury. 

Not part of his make-up, but if Bailey was a little bit truculent, he would be a shoe-in for the fourth line RW. 

Good! He was finally starting to look comfortable at this level and then had that unfortunate injury.

Has all the tools, let's see if he can continue to build on that as a solid recall option. Always liked the kid.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

I'm a big fan of players who are 6'4" 215 lbs. who can fly on the ice and are on one-year/two-way deals.  Very happy that the Canucks re-signed Justin Bailey...hopefully he's fully recovered from his knee (?) injury. 

Not part of his make-up, but if Bailey was a little bit truculent, he would be a shoe-in for the fourth line RW. 

Think it was a separated shoulder

• Thanks 1