The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

It is a promotion. He goes from being Ian Clark's #2 to running the whole show. Well earned. It's felt inevitable that he was gonna get an offer like this. Sucks it's the Leafs but congrats to Sanford!

The Leafs need a goalie coach. There situation in net has been horrendous for a few years.

I wonder who the new goalie coach will be for Abby now.

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

It is a promotion. He goes from being Ian Clark's #2 to running the whole show. Well earned. It's felt inevitable that he was gonna get an offer like this. Sucks it's the Leafs but congrats to Sanford!

The Leafs need a goalie coach. There situation in net has been horrendous for a few years.

I wonder who the new goalie coach will be for Abby now.

Wonder if Dan Couture will ever come back. Heck maybe get Cory to move out of the media booth at Rogers and trade his yakking (he can really go overboard) for his goaltending coaching. He was goalie coach for the blues at one point. 

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Congrats to Sanford on a promotion to the NHL - would be hard to imagine ever superseding Ian Clark I bet.

Move DiPietro, sign Schneider to 1B Silovs, and bring Rollie Melanson back into the fold, currently without a job.

Dipietro for Sandin?  Sanford likely has pull in TO for their goalie of the future. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dipietro for Sandin?  Sanford likely has pull in TO for their goalie of the future. 

That's a great idea!  Sanford knows DiPietro and can vouch for him. TOR will think they have the goalie of their future and the Canucks will have a pretty good D prospect

• Cheers 1