The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Private business, that have the right to do it. 

Thanks AQ.

I'll be back in Dec to see the Kracken game in Vancouver...after I get my third dose :lol:

This is great news.  Now I'm excited. 

If they let in < 12yo, then they should have rapid covid tests though. 

• Cheers 2

LOL.....you have to see this to believe it.   Not sure if anyone watched the CTV National news tonight during a story of the New covid restrictions - where they interviewed some Albertan farm boy asking his opinion on the matter in regards to NHL games.   Check the Vid/story out - in particular at the 1:45 mark where he states his logic. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2265421

Thank god these small minded Flat-Earth believers live in Flat-Land where they usually can cause no harm to anyone but themselves and fellow CONservatives - except when they escape out of their province, like when they swarmed Kelowna by the tens of thousands this summer, spreading all their disease and driving up the infection rate on the poor unsuspecting normal people of Kelowna.  We should have had better border controls with Alberta to prevent this type of inter-provincial contamination.

image.jpeg.e64298f95321c66c996dfa7a8d173d15.jpeg

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

LOL.....you have to see this to believe it.   Not sure if anyone watched the CTV National news tonight during a story of the New covid restrictions - where they interviewed some Albertan farm boy asking his opinion on the matter in regards to NHL games.   Check the Vid/story out - in particular at the 1:45 mark where he states his logic. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2265421

Thank god these small minded Flat-Earth believers live in Flat-Land where they usually can cause no harm to anyone but themselves and fellow CONservatives - except when they escape out of their province, like when they swarmed Kelowna by the tens of thousands this summer, spreading all their disease and driving up the infection rate on the poor unsuspecting normal people of Kelowna.  We should have had better border controls with Alberta to prevent this type of inter-provincial contamination.

image.jpeg.e64298f95321c66c996dfa7a8d173d15.jpeg

Not sure who the small minded is after reading your words?

Every province has their own little radical group. BC has theirs .

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Might want to read up on the Charter again.

My understanding you have the right to life, and liberty. Unlike the US you have no right to be happy. 

You can walk in naked to a grocery store. But the store is in their rights to not serve you, and ask you to leave. 

It's not in the Charter that you can attend a hockey game. 

If you're not vaccinated you can always watch on TV. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

Not sure who the small minded is after reading your words?

Every province has their own little radical group. BC has theirs .

There haven't been many red plates in the OK this summer, at all.  Certainly the lowest I've seen.  I'm sure tourists had some impact, but the situation here is on the backs of locals.  Within days of lifting restrictions we were 90% unmasked and acting like it was all over.  It wasn't hard to predict the outcome

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Might want to read up on the Charter again.

My understanding you have the right to life, and liberty. Unlike the US you have no right to be happy. 

You can walk in naked to a grocery store. But the store is in their rights to not serve you, and ask you to leave. 

It's not in the Charter that you can attend a hockey game. 

If you're not vaccinated you can always watch on TV. 

its also a balancing act between these things. One isn't supreme over the other. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think we'll see more people trying to use the religious freedom aspect more and more. But it doesn't extend the way they think/hope it does. Sure, you can refuse medical treatment on religious grounds. But that doesn't then give you even more rights to go out and infect people freely in any setting you want to enter. 

I get that the anti-vaxxers would love tings to work that way, though. If it did, I could start a religion that gives me all kinds of infringements on your rights. 

Yup.  Got to prove your religious group is recognized as an established community.  Plus, then prove it’s in the group’s doctrine.  Then prove you (the individual) are long time serving in that group.  

Antivaxxers are driving the pandemic.  I believe these new restrictions will push another 5% to get vaccinated, so we will top 90% total.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think we'll see more people trying to use the religious freedom aspect more and more. But it doesn't extend the way they think/hope it does. Sure, you can refuse medical treatment on religious grounds. But that doesn't then give you even more rights to go out and infect people freely in any setting you want to enter. 

I get that the anti-vaxxers would love tings to work that way, though. If it did, I could start a religion that gives me all kinds of infringements on your rights. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pope-francis-urges-everyone-get-covid-19-vaccines-good-all-2021-08-18/

Not the catholics.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Got to prove your religious group is recognized as an established community.  Plus, then prove it’s in the group’s doctrine.  Then prove you (the individual) are long time serving in that group.  

Antivaxxers are driving the pandemic.  I believe these new restrictions will push another 5% to get vaccinated, so we will top 90% total.  

and even if they do all that, it only applies to what they choose for medical services. It still doesn't allow them to infect someone else. 

If we can get to 90% and also keep the anti's out of large public gatherings we should be OK.

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, crunch55 said:

This article just shows that the escape variant that is delta does what you expect escape variants to do, escape. The good news is not really noted in this article, and that is despite the viruses ability to infect the illness is much less likely to make you seriously ill.

There is a mixed blessing in that it may lead to more asymptomatic spread especially since many people find the minor inconvenience of mask wearing to be a major issue. 
This article also misses a very, very important point because like most scientific articles it is trying to make a very narrow statement. It is telling you viral load in breakthrough infections.  It ignores the fact that infections, even with delta, are much less likely in the fully vaccinated and just gives viral load in those few who get breakthrough infections. 
Crunch, not sure why you posted this, if you had a pro or anti-vax agenda, but ultimately when taking with the rest of the available info it re-enforces the need for immunization and for the time being continuing some forms of social distancing like mask wearing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would also add that just because you are a religious group does not give you the right to take actions or not take actions to harm others and this is a clear case of inaction harming others. 
I think the religious association is a confounding variable and many just hide behind it as an excuse to not do things they don’t want to.  There is a reason many political parties go running to religious organizations. 
Part of religious freedom is a freedom from the influence of religion. Your belief in whatever sky-fairy you want to believe in shouldn’t be allowed to force harm on others, this was the purpose of religious freedom, not a freedom to ignore the laws of the country. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'm opening up a nomadic religion.

The chosen are allowed to live anywhere in the province; as believers, it all is ours, we can crash at Jimmy Patison's whenever we want, and take his boat out for a cruise because it belongs to "we the chosen".

Spend the night at the hotel Vancouver for free, after all it is in chosen religious territory.

Ohh good times coming.

I AM WITH YOU!  I WILL TAKE WHATEVER VEHICLE I WANT OFF OF JIMMY PATTISON'S CAR DEALERSHIPS AND DRIVE DOWNTOWN WHERE I WILL TAKE WHATEVER YACHT SITS IN COAL HARBOUR UNATTENDED.  THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T CONTROL ME OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO.  I HAVE RIGHTS!  I WILL DO WHATEVER I WANT BECAUSE THE CHARTER SAYS SO.  WE ARE THE CHOSEN.  WE ARE FREE.  SAY NO TO VACCINES, AND SAY NO TO KEYS FOR VEHICLES!

• Vintage 1

• -SN- changed the title to Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans
1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I AM WITH YOU!  I WILL TAKE WHATEVER VEHICLE I WANT OFF OF JIMMY PATTISON'S CAR DEALERSHIPS AND DRIVE DOWNTOWN WHERE I WILL TAKE WHATEVER YACHT SITS IN COAL HARBOUR UNATTENDED.  THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T CONTROL ME OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO.  I HAVE RIGHTS!  I WILL DO WHATEVER I WANT BECAUSE THE CHARTER SAYS SO.  WE ARE THE CHOSEN.  WE ARE FREE.  SAY NO TO VACCINES, AND SAY NO TO KEYS FOR VEHICLES!

So, here's my take on this. I 100% support ANYONE's right to get vaccinated or to not get Vaccinated. It is completely YOUR Choice, and completely within your rights to not get vaccinated

NOW, My rights include that option that if you refuse to get vaccinated and as a result, make someone I care about, sick or even die, I have the Right to SUE your ass into the next millennium for reckless endangerment and wrongful death.

What anti-vaxers forget is, NO ONE'S right's to not get vaccinated, trump anyone else's rights to safe environment, workspace etc.

So, get vaccinated, or don't, but don't ever forget that I also, fully know my rights and how hard I can come after you through fully legal channels!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2