The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Jason Dickinson to a three-year contract worth an average annual value of $2.65 million. 

"Jason was an important addition for our forward group this summer and we're pleased to have agreed to terms with him on a three-year deal," said Benning. "He's a versatile player that can play on both the wing and at centre, and is also a strong penalty killer." 

That's a good signing, for a good player at a great price.  That's the Benning we know and love when it comes to actually signing RFA's to good deals for good term/money.  Now to get a hold of the UFA signing Jim Benning and smack him!

I don’t know much about the guy except what I’ve read here. If he comes as billed (good 3C that can handle tough matchups) then I am excited to see what he can do on the ice. Remember that every defensive face off this guy can take is another offensive opportunity for Bo that he didn’t get before. I’m expecting some real positive trickle down effects from some of the moves this year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I don’t know much about the guy except what I’ve read here. If he comes as billed (good 3C that can handle tough matchups) then I am excited to see what he can do on the ice. Remember that every defensive face off this guy can take is another offensive opportunity for Bo that he didn’t get before. I’m expecting some real positive trickle down effects from some of the moves this year. 

It's going to be nice to have that for sure. He can potentially replace Miller on the PK too

• Like 1