The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Was hoping for closer to 2.25, but he definitely makes us better.

I was thinking around 2.8-2.9 mill for 4 years. I was thinking his best comparable was Nashville's Colton Sissons. Similar in stats and similar in age.

I am very happy about this deal 

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Foegele 2.75 x 3

Dickinson 2.65 x 3

Foegele

10g, 10a, 20p in 53 games.

60 hits, 12 blocks

44.7% ozone starts, 52.9% corsi

28 giveaways, 16 takeaways.

2.3 on ice goals for per 60 5on5, 1.9 against

14:09 game, 1:01 pk

Dickinson

7g, 8a, 15p, 51 games

78 hits, 49 blocks

44.1% ozone starts, 55.3% corsi

17 giveaways, 28 takeaways

2.1 on ice goals for per 60, 2.1 against.

16:13 game, 1:41 pk

I was thinking Colton Sissons was a good comparable 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Sutter was a 20 goal scorer when this team acquired him (and had over 100 NHL goals - while being one of the better shutdown and penalty killing centers in the league...).   This is not a good 'comparable' wadr.

Sure

But Sutter quickly showed that he was a great 3rd line center at best but really was just an average 3 line center with good faceoff ability.

I'm not comparing the Sutter we signed but the Sutter we ended up with

14 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I know it’s kinda cringe worthy to say… but I don’t think the league conversation will be about the Vancouver Canucks “making” the playoffs next season.   It’ll be about battling for 1st in the West. 

Still lots of question marks…. But it just feels like we have pieces to fit roles that we need.  There are questions about performance, but I think you have to consider the teams mindset to prove that last year was an anomaly.  They are younger, but more mature, they are faster, more skilled, they have more battle, more size, better hockey IQ…

If you like the Canucks at all and call yourself a fan, you should embrace the changes and give up the grudge.  Future repercussions aside, this is the nicest looking roster since 2011, and it’s trending upwards! instead of downwards in 2011.  This group as is will have 3-5 years to win Vancouver it’s first Stanley Cup. 

Yes it’s a weak group on the RHD side of things and that may end up doing them in, but don’t think they won’t be active come trade deadline, and don’t be surprised to see that ‘22 1st dealt as well.  They have to do everything they can to build around the core ASAP… not wait for picks to mature for support. 

No risk, no reward.  We are all in!  And after 30 years of following this team… trust me… the all in years are the best. 

I like the way you think

But personally I feel Vegas takes 1st place in the Division and the Canucks and Edm fight it out for 2nd and 3rd place. IMO I belive Van can take Edm in the 1st round of the playoffs. Van has a deeper forward group and the better goaltender.

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

I like the way you think

But personally I feel Vegas takes 1st place in the Division and the Canucks and Edm fight it out for 2nd and 3rd place. IMO I belive Van can take Edm in the 1st round of the playoffs. Van has a deeper forward group and the better goaltender.

Plus Vancouver's defense is actually NHL quality.  Edmonton has nothing after Nurse.  I'd be surprised to see the Soilers make the playoffs; Seattle is likely the other team from the division that makes it.  LA is better than Edmonton too.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Plus Vancouver's defense is actually NHL quality.  Edmonton has nothing after Nurse.  I'd be surprised to see the Soilers make the playoffs; Seattle is likely the other team from the division that makes it.  LA is better than Edmonton too.

I actually think the Coilers might win the division as they seem to be built as a dominant regular season team - but I also see them being knocked out again in the 1st round as they did nothing to address the issues that plagued them in the playoffs

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I actually think the Coilers might win the division as they seem to be built as a dominant regular season team - but I also see them being knocked out again in the 1st round as they did nothing to address the issues that plagued them in the playoffs

They got a lot worse in the off-season, especially on the blueline, and are relying on a 40 year old goalie who is more interested in diving than making saves.  They also don't have an NHL quality backup, and their bottom 6 is still trash.  Unless Smith is going to challenge for Fuhr's record for games played, there will be a lot of nights where their goalie doesn't give them a hope of winning.  They got lucky last year and feasted against Ottawa; they didn't fare nearly so well against any other team.  They're going to get exposed as the joke that they are real quick.

3 hours ago, Trebreh said:

He's my new fav player aside from Big Mac. 

We need big MacEwen keeping teams in check...Big Zack need to keep his game simple, use speed on forecheck, make some big hits and off..

Simple game 7 - -11 mins depending on energy of game...

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

We need big MacEwen keeping teams in check...Big Zack need to keep his game simple, use speed on forecheck, make some big hits and off..

Simple game 7 - -11 mins depending on energy of game...

yeah he's has to be a regular next season, our division got some heavies, I want Gadjovich to get some look as welll. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Where does 1 of Miller, EP, Boeser or Garland go. All 4 of these guys are top 6.

Miller to MTL for their 2nd 2022, 1st 2023 unprotected. @Warhippy

Jokes aside I made an error. It's a pretty good thing when you can leave a top 6 player off your depth chart and it still looks like a playoff team on paper. 

Garland Bo Pearson

Hog Dicky Pod 

Jumble the wingers around any way you like thats a good middle 6.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Honestly I could see Edm. Taking a step back unless theySign defense.McD is good but he can only take u so far without a supporting cast.