The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Hurricanes offer sheet Jesperi Kotkaniemi

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The real danger is someone giving him a deal that walks him right to UFA without buying any UFA years.

Would suck sure.

Basically we’d have to get him locked up in year 3 otherwise trade him for a big haul.

On that same note that’s pretty risky for the team offersheeting that he’ll walk on them.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd probably consider taking the picks if he's willing to screw the team by handcuffing us like that. 

Especially if it’s a team that has a chance to finish in the lottery.

That’s two high end firsts and a 2nd.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

A first and a third is very good return for JK.  He’s been disappointing.  Maybe the Habs let the player walk?  

if carolina finish anything like the past few years.. that's a really late 1st and a late 3rd.. chances are those don't even make it to the NHL. i mean it's not a bad offer sheet.. overpaying him for the 1 year just to force the other team into cap issue if they match or get a player with high potential for a late 1st and a 3rd

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

if carolina finish anything like the past few years.. that's a really late 1st and a late 3rd.. chances are those don't even make it to the NHL. i mean it's not a bad offer sheet.. overpaying him for the 1 year just to force the other team into cap issue if they match or get a player with high potential for a late 1st and a 3rd

They're also paying a 1st and a 3rd to create a cap issue for them; they'll also have to probably give up another 1st+ to get rid of Gardiner.

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Could the Canes flip JK (if the Habs don’t match) now in a package deal for Eichel?  Or do they have to keep him for the year like the Habs have to?