The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Virtanen to KHL?

allegend

19 hours ago, The Lock said:

The hate is strong with this one... and I am not even joking...

I suggest you go take a nice look on Google and search up former NHL players with all sorts of disciplainary issues now employed in the KHL! Please do it? My statement was not to stir up hate but present facts. 

15 hours ago, JM_ said:

My dad was Russian and I've been twice so thats what I noticed. Didn't mean to suggest anything negative about what you said. 

honestly I think they won't take him seriously at all. 

Your impression of Russian women is based on a few high profile models/actresses/athletes that you see in the media here. This is a tiny percent of population of Russian women. There's a huge amount of women who are willing to do anything to have a chance to marry a foreigner with money and leave the country. The same women are usually between the last ones to report any rapes. They are a perfect target for sexual predators with foreign accent and cash.

22 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Your impression of Russian women is based on a few high profile models/actresses/athletes that you see in the media here. This is a tiny percent of population of Russian women. There's a huge amount of women who are willing to do anything to have a chance to marry a foreigner with money and leave the country. The same women are usually between the last ones to report any rapes. They are a perfect target for sexual predators with foreign accent and cash.

I was actually thinking Jake would be a target for women taking his money, much more than Jake being a risk to them. 

8 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

I suggest you go take a nice look on Google and search up former NHL players with all sorts of disciplainary issues now employed in the KHL! Please do it? My statement was not to stir up hate but present facts. 

You keep telling yourself that. No matter what your post sounded among the most spiteful and full of hate in this thread.

And everyone and their dog likes to claim they are stating the facts. General rule of thumb: anyone who has to say they're stating the facts are not actually stating the facts. Your stating that tells me you have self doubt that statement of yours.

Edited by The Lock

20 hours ago, The Lock said:

You keep telling yourself that. No matter what your post sounded among the most spiteful and full of hate in this thread.

And everyone and their dog likes to claim they are stating the facts. General rule of thumb: anyone who has to say they're stating the facts are not actually stating the facts. Your stating that tells me you have self doubt that statement of yours.

ya OK boy!! you are the one policing the tone/language of the posts here now....  did I explicitly say I hate Russians or something?? 

how da heck do you make a negative situation sound.... neutral? are u burying your head in the sand these days??

If you didn't agree with my comment and wanted to challenge, then make a constructive counter-argument, i.e. proof that KHL had never accepted former NHL players with bad records.... OK? Don't frigging twist my words 

5 minutes ago, mrturkish said:

And that has  got what to do with the topic. 

Jake’s lack of professionalism is very much connected to his obvious sense of entitlement from being such a high draft pick, and too often pampered player, especially while a teen.  In Russia the team’s won’t care about all Jake’s former junior glory days.  His lack of professionalism will get him cut, and fast.  We all know Jake will show up there grossly overweight, and not at all committed to being a good pro.  The club will be disgusted, as they should be, and cut him.  

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake’s lack of professionalism is very much connected to his obvious sense of entitlement from being such a high draft pick, and too often pampered player, especially while a teen.  In Russia the team’s won’t care about all Jake’s former junior glory days.  His lack of professionalism will get him cut, and fast.  We all know Jake will show up there grossly overweight, and not at all committed to being a good pro.  The club will be disgusted, as they should be, and cut him.  

I predict early retirement mired in court fees and working in construction.

• Vintage 1