The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

God, I need a good hockey year! (discussion)

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

My wish list: 

Elias stays healthy all year 

Quinn shows that he can defend 

Garland fits well on the 1st or 2nd line 

OEL gets back to being a legitimate top pairing guy 

Juolevi stays healthy and shows that he belongs in the NHL 

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, the first thing that needs to happen is Pettie and Huggy to sign...........that is coming soon!

But after that, I need to have Podkolzin and Rathbone to continue our youth invasion

Then for the team to have a great Training camp

And then to be able to kick Edmonton's and Vegas's arse all year

End up in a playoff spot and go deep into the playoffs

I need this! ,,,, you need this!..........we all need this! :blush:

Love it.

I need to have a few too many on a beach in Maui but whatever!

Go Canucks.

One weird thing is I love hockey. I am primarily a fan of hockey and the Canucks are my favorite time.

Important distinction as I can watch any game especially if Toronto gets spanked.

• Cheers 3

I miss being excited about hockey!
I find myself checking the scores before bed more often than I watch the games.   
I started to check out during the Tortorella year but it's really fallen off since we haven't been allowed to gather with people to watch the games.  The atmosphere of everyone glued to the screen while working through a pint is part of the experience for me.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jim Benning, GM of the Year  (that'll shut the haters up)

Some ex Canucks GM got the GM of the Year award.  That didn't stop the chants of "Fire X" @ Rogers Arena a few years later.

Some Asses will always be asses.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 2

Maybe I'm over-optimistic, but I have a good feeling about this coming season. Not worried about Petey and Quinn. Benning will get those contracts done. 

The team lacked cohesion last year, the special teams were bad, the D was bad, they couldn't score, the bottom 6 was useless, and many millions were spent on Loui, Beagle, Roussel and Virtanen each year. All of that has changed.  

Cohesion - Gone are Schmidt, Virtanen and Holtby - poor attitudes and lack of good production. The room got better.

Special Teams - Gone is Brown, In is Shaw.

D - OEL will be rejuvenated, and they added a lot of D depth. Juolevi and Rathbone are both great wild cards IMO. Shaw will help with the D as well.

Scoring - Adding Garland to the Top 6, watch for Bo's totals to increase, and Podkolzin could also make an impact. Pettersson will also want to prove he's worth his new contract.

Bottom 6 - Adding Dickinson and Podkolzin will certainly help. The 3rd line will score now too.

Demko, Hoglander, Pettersson and Hughes a year older, taking another step. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Cohesion - Gone are Schmidt, Virtanen and Holtby - poor attitudes and lack of good production. The room got better.

Can't state how important this is. The 2020 team was one of the tightest group I have ever witness, seeing all their close friends who wants to remain here leaving and bringing in a bunch of guys who doesn't fit don't want to be here really ruined all the magic and chemistry the team built from 2020.

16 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, the first thing that needs to happen is Pettie and Huggy to sign...........that is coming soon!

But after that, I need to have Podkolzin and Rathbone to continue our youth invasion

Then for the team to have a great Training camp

And then to be able to kick Edmonton's and Vegas's arse all year

End up in a playoff spot and go deep into the playoffs

I need this! ,,,, you need this!..........we all need this! :blush:

This is a great thread.... I like the concept, I'm game.....

I'd like to see;

Garland become the up and coming Dragon Slayer and be a clutch goal scorer and instant fan favorite.

Poolman becoming Willie Mitchel 2.0

Horvat becoming a 70 point man once he can become an offensive threat instead of having to be the shut down guy all the time.

Petey break out and I mean really break out big time

Demko in the Vezina conversation

BigMac put the fear of God in Nurse and all the other thugs in the Pacific division

Myers get real mean sometimes

Brock get his mojo back

A Canuck Calder - who will it be? Podzy or Rathbone?

Top 5 PP!!!

• Like 1