The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Erik Gudbranson

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

While I imagine when he shows up to play he will will make the Flames harder to play against, he really brings little to the table as far as skill is concerned. When he was trying to cycle the puck, the play usually died on his stick. It's infuriating to watch.

And for 2m? 

Poolman isn't looking so bad after all...

2.5 M Poolman isn't bad ... 2.5 m Poolman at 4 years is almost like a Parody of a Benning signing.  

Edited by iinatcc
  • RoughGame 1

27 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He was a pylon. Teams skated around him with ease. His skating was as slow as his brain. He can hit. Great. Keep your head up and skate faster than him. 

If you saw him play a “hard game”, that was very infrequent. Don’t get me wrong, I was very excited when he first came. Big disappointment for a big guy.

Well I mean he did have back issues and neck issues that kept him out for quite a bit, probably from whiplash playing with Hutton and MDZ

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think Calgary is taking the "hard to play against" idea too far... just being hard to play against doesn't help if you're slow and have low hockey IQ lol...

I love it! I was so excited when Calgary brought in Sutter to coach I knew that they would be signing a bunch of big, dumb, slow defensemen for our guys to skate circles around...keep building that Sutter style team Treliving you will be out of a job by Christmas!! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I love it! I was so excited when Calgary brought in Sutter to coach I knew that they would be signing a bunch of big, dumb, slow defensemen for our guys to skate circles around...keep building that Sutter style team Treliving you will be out of a job by Christmas!! 

I’d be careful with that. Sutter teams are usually pretty damn good.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Calgary just can't help themselves.

I wonder if they can eventually make their full roster former Canucks.

It’s as if they got permanent PTSD from the Sedin years and are trying to assemble this great team of ex-Canucks…

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think Calgary is taking the "hard to play against" idea too far... just being hard to play against doesn't help if you're slow and have low hockey IQ lol...

Word is that when Treliving came up with their new team modo to go on a banner in the dressing room as "Hard to play against", he forgot one word and the banner in their dressing room this year reads:

Calgary Flames: Hard to play