The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

On 9/19/2021 at 10:59 AM, -DLC- said:

I will one up this:

All the cool kids HAVE them.  ;)

What about the old people who aren't cool but have one because we were alive when these were a thing? haha 

They aren't really vintage they are just normal?

Edited by Chris12345
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Slegr said:

It looks like it’s on channel 626 tomorrow on Shaw (NHL Centre Ice)… I think it might be a free trial time too?

FYI for anyone looking. I checked my guide this morning and it was listed as 355 so it probably depends on your Shaw package or area. Can’t confirm free trial. Guess we’ll find out tonight!

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, Slegr said:

Anyone know if the Sept. 26th preseason game is televised? Or will it be available online? 

I CANNOT WAIT to see Canuck hockey again.

Yes it will be, Shaw will be offering a free preview of centre ice and the Canucks game regional restrictions have been lifted by the team so we can watch, for me it will be shown on channel 626

299A074E-9572-49FA-B315-1DE1A935CBB9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I very much doubt they will ice a roster that weak especially with that group of D men.

Dowling is a career AHL'er with 438 games there vs 76 in the NHL. I think you will see either Horvat or Miller centering the 1st line with Dickenson as the 2nd or 3rd line center.

As for the Defense; I would be looking at one of Myers or Eckman-Larsson in the place of Schenn

Green said that the team will ice a more veteran roster for Monday's game as its the first game of the season in the new building. They will likely want to reveal the new faces like OEL, Garland, and Podkolzin in a home game. As well Green has a tendency in the first few games to role with the lines he set in training camp yo get a look in game. That is my rationale for a less than glamorous group going to Seattle. 

Like most split squad games or preliminary preseason games (especially an away game) generally Green has iced a largely inexperienced roster. The last time Van sent a very inexperienced group to CGY who iced basically their opening night roster lost 4 to 3. A team that starred only Sven Baertschi, Jay Beagle, Tim Schaller, and Jake Virtanen at the time as NHL vets

10 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

Yes it will be, Shaw will be offering a free preview of centre ice and the Canucks game regional restrictions have been lifted by the team so we can watch, for me it will be shown on channel 626

299A074E-9572-49FA-B315-1DE1A935CBB9.jpeg

I don't have cable and I'm not subscribing to Sportsnet until October. :(

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I very much doubt they will ice a roster that weak especially with that group of D men.

Dowling is a career AHL'er with 438 games there vs 76 in the NHL. I think you will see either Horvat or Miller centering the 1st line with Dickenson as the 2nd or 3rd line center.

As for the Defense; I would be looking at one of Myers or Eckman-Larsson in the place of Schenn

Canucks will have at least 10 NHL players on roster tonight that have played more then 80 NHL games.

Tomorrows roster will be even better.

My excitement is higher right now then any other season since 2011. I think camp was better without Tuna and Little things. Juelevi's bag skate aside there was far less for fans to bicker about this time around. And the line combo possibilities are endless. Good times are right around the corner. 

• Cheers 1