The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

A few posters saying OJ was unnoticeable, but I think they weren't look hard enough or looking for the wrong things.  He had 3 very good first passes out of the zone, hes been physical and he had the bottomed of the diamond sealed right off on the pk.  He might have been flashy, but he was noticeable if you look for things dmen should do well.

Stating he's been unnoticeable is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Hunt's been more noticeable because he's been doing the same thing as OJ that period but at a higher rate.

Rathbone has been flashy and great offensively but he and Schenn have been the worst D defensively. Both guys have coughed up the puck more than the other pairings.

IMO Hunt's been the best D.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Your advocating for OJ is very determined, I’ll give you that.

Or he has played extensively in the past and knows what to look for.  I happen to agree with Stawns.  OJ took a bad penalty at the end of the period but was quietly efficient and effective the rest of the period.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

A few posters saying OJ was unnoticeable, but I think they weren't look hard enough or looking for the wrong things.  He had 3 very good first passes out of the zone, hes been physical and he had the bottomed of the diamond sealed right off on the pk.  He might have been flashy, but he was noticeable if you look for things dmen should do well.

Good post, flashy isn't exactly OJ's game to begin with. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Stating he's been unnoticeable is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Hunt's been more noticeable because he's been doing the same thing as OJ that period but at a higher rate.

Rathbone has been flashy and great offensively but he and Schenn have been the worst D defensively. Both guys have coughed up the puck more than the other pairings.

IMO Hunt's been the best D.

Hunts been playing well also id completely agree. but he also tends to dump the puck in deep more so then tape to tape passes for posesion

2 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Agreed. 

Yes , on Juolevi, he's not the flash of Rathbone, but his defensive play is better so "when" Hughes is signed do you put Juolevi in to solidify the 3rd pairing or Rathbone?

or Hunt who actually looked pretty good there , saving a goal as well.

1st game , so lots to to change over the next few games

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Defensively, Rathbone looked worse than OJ in the first, albeit not by much.

Canucks look a lot better than I thought they would with this lineup.

I wonder what Petey and Hughes are thinking of the game so far.

Hopefully they’re missing playin with the boys and sign soon

• Upvote 1