Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Not wasting my time with this

You responded to me lol

32 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

I bet you're the life of a party, if i have to be honest

43 minutes ago, RWJC said:

ahhhh yes, likely the source of your “lingering black cloud”…

image.jpeg.8679fc79a775de9c3b9c56ba7f04b7f3.jpeg

Not to play shrink or anything, but your vitriolic responses to a single negative thought about how camp is going lead me to believe that you're seriously worried as well. 

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

I watched that game, I will stand by what I said. He was slow everywhere with and without the puck. Did he earn any brownie points for starting the fight? not from me, we got a 2 minute instigator penalty.

But the past is long gone, and couldn't really care less about what he did last year. I'm really confused why you twisted my words to make this seem like a negative thing i said.

suck my dick GIF

I just thought it was a little ridiculous to say a guy looks completely lost out there in 4:55 of ice time… thats a little quick to jump to an assumption. Maybe the guy has been sitting around a bit? Hasnt seen much game action the past 2 years. Sat on the taxi squad for a bit. Played 19 games in the A last season and 38 the season prior? Dont you think you’re being a little overly critical of a guy who hasnt played a full game let alone a period worth of shifts?

The comment about the instigator penalty in a game when we are already out of playoffs? Seriously dude? Like really?? You dont give a kid any credit for stepping up and dropping the mitts in his debut, some fan you are bud.

image.gif.997ec6d2fb75f74a0eb33af6b0c2be48.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Now that I’m back home from the rink a few more observations.

Podz was just ok during the scrimmage. Looked a bit tentative. You can tell he really understands positioning but sometimes it looks like he’s so mindful of patrolling a zone of ice that he seems a bit detached from getting involved in the play. Heard Travis’ comments today and reading between the lines a bit I think he wants a bit more from Podz than what he showed today. Green should just tell the kid to try and forget SOME of the Russian hockey doctrine and be a bit more free and creative on the ice.

Looked a bit surprised at some of the strength of the players along the boards too. Actually lost a couple of battles there. I also wonder if he’s reluctant to play overly physical against his new teammates. 

Rathbone looked really good to me. Schenn had a few shaky exit attempts in his own end but he’s very strong against other players. Bo and Brock had excellent days today. Miller not quite as good today as he was yesterday and the Miller - Garland - Podz line didn’t get much accomplished.

Olli was solid and had a few nice moments. Another iteration of a bag skate and he stayed upright and didn’t finish last. S:towel:

More thoughts to come as I reflect back….

Things I'm curious about:

Does Jonah Gadjovich look quicker?

Anything on Di Gueseppe, MacEwan, Persson, Dickinson and Hunt would be great.

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

when-you-find-youre-in-a-hole

Lol

First thing I noticed on the meme was the grammatical error. It's you're. 

If you're going to make a meme, do it right. 

If you're going to pick a meme, do one that is made from an intelligent person. 

But who knows? I apparently have higher standards. I expect athletes not to sprawl on the ground during training camp. 

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Maybe you have a point. 

I've always grown up with coaches stressing conditioning being integral so I've never been the one to be sprawling on the ground. 

Never seen the top players on my team sprawled either... 

Lol, wow. You've obviously never played in an ultra competitive training session or else you guys were complete rubbish. 

Thats how teams become the best, players pushing themselves to the brink. If you play an entire career and you've never had anyone so gassed they're down and out you're simply not trying hard enough. 

Anyways I see you've progressed to putting down guys that actually attended camps now so that pretty much wraps that up.

• Vintage 1

Well I can’t be more excited for the season. A real 82 game schedule. Wow! Almost too good to be true. I expect a pretty good season from our guys but honestly I’m just excited to see them in a legit/normal setting. 

I think I was ready to puke watching them play the Canadian teams over and over again. Oh goodie we get to see Matthews for a 9th time LOL

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I don’t think they’re even in the same stratosphere in terms of ceiling. If anything I think you would trade Rathbone for a nice return. And if he keeps progressing you would definitely be getting something of value back. Hughes is too special. 

I agree. Rathbone seems like an obvious trade chip, not right now but if he establishes himself as a good OFD & Hughes continues to reach his potential.

An issue with Rathbone/Hughes is neither kill penalties, maybe Rathbone can develop that but if not it's hard having 2/3 LHers that don't. It's also why Juolevi may have an inside track this year as Hunt doesn't either.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

The “Canucks fans” on HF Canucks are already busting at the chops praying on Juolevi’s downfall so that they can continue their personal attacks on Jim Benning and ownership.

Classic. Some people are just twisted. How about we root for the kid and if he doesn’t make it then move on. Instead of “I hope he sucks, cause told you so”

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Why not, it's his brother,  you seem pretty fragile.

What does it have to do with me? Based on a few of your other interactions here, it seems like all you’re interested in is picking fights. So, all I can say (in proper English, which is my 4th language) - You’re an idiot.

Just now, Devron44 said:

Classic. Some people are just twisted. How about we root for the kid and if he doesn’t make it then move on. Instead of “I hope he sucks, cause told you so”

They were literally flat out celebrating when Virtanen was suspended from the team since Virtanen was “a Benning guy.”

34 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Things I'm curious about:

Does Jonah Gadjovich look quicker?

Anything on Di Gueseppe, MacEwan, Persson, Dickinson and Hunt would be great.

Not a lot to tell you about this group but of the names you mentioned only Persson stood out. He really moved around smoothly, nice crisp passes too. Di Giuseppe and Dickinson were solid but not flashy. One nice hit by Hunt. Didn’t notice much from Big Mac at my end of the ice. 

Forgot to address Gadj. Actually he did look a little quicker or should I say he never looked slow, and he was around the puck a lot.

Edited by 4petesake
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Patel Bure said:

They were literally flat out celebrating when Virtanen was suspended from the team since Virtanen was “a Benning guy.”

Does not surprise me one bit. Funny you talk to some of those guys and every move that doesn’t work out is a Benning failure and every good move was lucky or he had nothing to do with it haha. Anyways I hope Joulevi makes an impact this year. Not only for him but also so some people eat crow 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1